Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The dark mist offerings on killers side put them in a disadvantage.

Ok, I get why a survivor would want an offering to make the dark mist thicker. If they crouch and there is enough distance from the killer they can hide without the need of cover.

But what about the killer? What's the point of having a thicker mist? It doesnt benefit him in anything.

I really think those kind of offerings for the killers side should be changed to do the exact opposite. Change them in the way that we have the "uncommon" and "very rare" version of the "Clear Reagent". Either that or just remove them from the killers bloodwebs.

I have hundreds of those kind of offerings which are just laughing at me cuz I spent BP on them knowing I'll never use them.

Comments

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

There are a few killers that somewhat benefit from the fog, but there honestly needs to be higher rarities for reduced fog.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah a lot of the offerings just don't make sense. Almost never would I want extra fog as a killer.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Yeah, they should change the mist and shroud offerings for both killer and surv. You don't want extra mist as a killer and you don't want to start the trial together with everyone as a survivor.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Just like the shrouds.. killer should have the shroud that spawns all survivors together so the survivors have to split up 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Those offerings are pretty much outdated.
    When the game was released first, the team needed to be together, for heals, working together on gens etc.
    But the way the game is actually played now is completely different.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    If the dark mist was more like a fog that reduced seeing distances and muffled sounds, then survivors wouldn’t be able to see the approach of stealthier killers, which would be a benefit.
  • daLenster
    daLenster Member Posts: 100
    The dark mist offering is seldom ever used, in my experience.  Even when it is used, the fog density amount is negligible.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Only use it with Myers, hag and trapper. Otherwise it just helps survivors.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Trapper, Hag, Pig all love thickened mists offerings even Myers does especially with the new changes. For your other killers you want less mist and the same is true for survivors facing certain killers the difference being is they can't see which killer they're getting.

• Ashkan
    Ashkan Member Posts: 26

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Ok, I get why a survivor would want an offering to make the dark mist thicker. If they crouch and there is enough distance from the killer they can hide without the need of cover.

But what about the killer? What's the point of having a thicker mist? It doesnt benefit him in anything.

I really think those kind of offerings for the killers side should be changed to do the exact opposite. Change them in the way that we have the "uncommon" and "very rare" version of the "Clear Reagent". Either that or just remove them from the killers bloodwebs.

I have hundreds of those kind of offerings which are just laughing at me cuz I spent BP on them knowing I'll never use them.

yeah! also there is an unusable perk for survivors too , i mean "lessen mist" is not usable for survivors too.