I don’t know who needs to hear this but…

Options
BabyCameron10
BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 949
edited December 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

The New map is ######### awful. The Scratch marks, the pallets and the structures are miserable to play killer on.

Whoever designed this map just gathered all the things that players hate and combined it.

How are maps getting awful with each update? I would rather stub my toe than play on that map again.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,070
    Options

I don't think anyone needs to hear that. I've not heard a single person praise that map...

Maybe once the pallet cluster f is fixed it'll be better but until then, the map is damn near unplayable for about 3/4 the killer roster

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

On the flipside, I think it looks freaking awesome.

Gameplay wise I can't disagree though.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

I haven't seen anybody who actually likes the map.

The gameplay sucks, the color sucks, the actual terrain sucks. It's just a terrible map.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

it's the plight of all recent maps:

They LOOK gorgeous, but are a pain to play on. They are cluttered, having things get stuck on a mere pixels of the local flora (look, bhvr, it's nice you want a pixel bush easter egg, but I don't think this is the way) lots of stuff that looks like vault points not being any (yes, yes, I know most of the time there are the cloths marking vaults, but if you are being chased and you see an open window, do you really pay much attention to the cloth?), edges of the map not being too clearly defined optically, etc.

For the game that dbd is these maps are not good. and let's not about the weird eclipse-neon-tube light the borgo shares with autohaven, that has everything and everyone blend together *squinting lady meme here*

• FrodoTbaggins
    FrodoTbaggins Member Posts: 55
    Options

Damn, went after the man's pillow temp...how could you?

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

Honestly, I don't even think it looks all that great overall. Some of the elements are really cool (like the portcullis exit gates and a couple of the structures like the gallows), but it's mostly a plain covered in smoldering piles of crap. And I hate hate hate the red saturated color palette.

And of course it plays like cheeks.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Agreed.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

They really need to tone down the red tint on The Borgo. It's headache inducing and hard on the eyes. Not to mention it can make scratch marks difficult to see.

On top of that issue, it's way too open and barren. Once the pallet bug gets fixed, who knows how that'll play out.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,788
    Options

I hate the colour and theme tbh. That said, I like the maps being so vastly different from each other so I'm happy to put up with it. I used to hate the atmosphere of Hawkins, but now that it's gone I miss it because it was just something different.

• MisterMister
    MisterMister Member Posts: 278
    Options

Yea the map is bad, especially for the killers that are highly mobile, Billy, Blight forget it, to many random things sticking out to bump into

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499
    Options

So many safe pallets on that map, kinda nutty. I like the visuals tho, since they nerfed the previous red glow.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 578
    Options

I just wish we'd get a realistic cool looking map. Haddonfield is a good start but everything still sucks (houses don't feel realistic and are too large)