Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Don't nerf SWF.

2»

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@deadbybugexploit said:
    JUST GIVE KILLER +20% SPEED! AND 4SWF BE OKAY!

I really hope you're joking.

With comments like this cropping up in ever "Nerf SWF" thread it's obvious people don't want balanc and just want easy 4Ks if theres a shred of evidence it'll be a hard match.

SWF is no different, coming from someone with 2.4K hours in the game and have never dodged a lobby unless it's to chage a build I didn't realise I had equipped.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited December 2018

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

I'd personally disable in-game voip instead of listening to my fellow random survivors.

That would be your decision, but dont prevent others the possibility to communicate just becuase you dont like it.

Yes but why waste the time and resources on it when there's already discord, Mumble, Ventrilo, Teamspeak and the console versions already being used?

The return on investment wouldn't be worth the costs involved and given the ready availability of said other voice chats it's highly unlikely to get enough usage. If you look at consoles especially even solo q they can just invite to a group chat then kick if needed afterwards.

Because soloplayer dont have this advantage and thats what the whole SWF issue is all about.
    You are talking about an investment, but I am talking about ingame voicecomms in 2018......

And if solo players could communicate already as you claim, then why is the game still not balanced around SWF?

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@SenzuDuck said:

@deadbybugexploit said:

With comments like this cropping up in ever "Nerf SWF" thread it's obvious people don't want balanc and just want easy 4Ks if theres a shred of evidence it'll be a hard match.

SWF is no different, coming from someone with 2.4K hours in the game and have never dodged a lobby unless it's to chage a build I didn't realise I had equipped.

SWF is no different.

"He's on me, do gens"

"he's heading towards you"

"He's camping"

The amount of free perks SWF gets is ridiculous, you'd have to give killers free BBQ&Chilli, Surveillance and Discordance to even begin making up for the ridiculous amount of free ######### an SWF gets.

Don't get me wrong, any sort of killer MS buff would be overkill.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@deadbybugexploit said:

SWF is no different.

"He's on me, do gens"

"He's camping"

The amount of free perks SWF gets is ridiculous, you'd have to give killers free BBQ&Chilli, Surveillance and Discordance to even begin making up for the ridiculous amount of free ######### an SWF gets.

Damn, sorry.

i completely forgot solo players ignore gens until they see someone being chased, or they stay on gens when there is a heart beat close, or they don't know what camping is?

Like, do you think solo players become handicapped so much they don't touch generators unless ordered too?

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@deadbybugexploit said:

SWF is no different.

"He's on me, do gens"

"He's camping"

Damn, sorry.

i completely forgot solo players ignore gens until they see someone being chased, or they stay on gens when there is a heart beat close, or they don't know what camping is?

Like, do you think solo players become handicapped so much they don't touch generators unless ordered too?

I'm ofc talking about ambushkillers like wraith/freddy/pig. Soloplayers can never be sure if they're still chasing somebody, SWF can warn ppl if they head off to the nearest gen.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Master said:

Because soloplayer dont have this advantage and thats what the whole SWF issue is all about.
    You are talking about an investment, but I am talking about ingame voicecomms in 2018......

Which is one and the same, investing time and money into in game voice comms won't give you what you want and given all the downsides isn't worth it. Do you honestly believe that a solo player or players will get any swf to leave their own VC and go to the in game voice?

If we accept that currently most of the playerbase is swf that means you're trying to give voice comms to a tiny % of the population. Who'll then deal with all the issues already mentioned of dealing with flamers, trolls etc like in every other game.

In most of the games out there with in game chat cough COD cough people just mute right at the start and here when it's just 4 people it's worse. Lets say they add in game voice chat for solos like you want and then 1 person or more starts flaming.

Then the usual mute starts and you just lost voice communication and that usually leads to trolling and or sandbagging because someone gets upset they're being ignored.The typical I'm telling you what to do issue arises because someone decides they should be the leader.

Then they get muted because people aren't listening to them and so they start yelling over voice chat. Then once no one responds to them they start being toxic in game.

And if solo players could communicate already as you claim, then why is the game still not balanced around SWF?

Because it's not a consistent thing, not every solo player wants to talk to strangers, when I play solo I've been invited to others Discords. It doesn't end well for the reasons listed above and because some people just don't like to talk to others during games.

The key thing to remember about them having the ability to communicate on already in solo is this very fine distinction. They have the ability to do so.but it doesn't mean they have to or will.

It's like when I was a delivery driver and people would say well you make $8-12 an hour (at the time) but the fact was I made minimum wage which was $4.25 and hour. But then the response was you make tips and commision which bumps you up to that dollar amount.

No, you have the capacity to make tips and commissions it doesn't mean you're guaranteed of either since you have to get a delivery to make the commission. You also have to actually be tipped and a lot of people don't tip.

So for voice comms it's not some magical panacea that will solve everything nor will it be used by everyone for the myriad of reasons. It's also why the devs haven't buffed killers up to swf level because they know these things.

The solution is to buff solo players up to swf level information wise such as with Bond like base kit and perhaps a totem counter only they can see. They could have an obsession like thing as well where the obsession would have the usual symbol.

The others would have a symbol as well for chases and then they'd basically be on the same information level to an extent. Which at that point killers could be buffed so that they're back to their proper power role but without being godlike op to solo.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    You kidding give the killers bonus bp to have to put up with the swf
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

Make all the perks that survivors get via SWF like Kindred etc baseline and buff killers by making several perks baseline to compensate. They'll still have an edge via voice communication in terms of strategy, but it would level the playing field.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

Honestly, I think the easiest change I'd like to see is this:

Don't show the killer's build until the game completes.

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited December 2018

Lets hammer out a few things:

1 - We got to remember that according to the dev stream from last year 70% of games are some form of SWF. So, SWF is not going anywhere.

2 - When trying to balance SWF we got to remember the majority are 2 mans. So if you buff killers speed/perks/yadda yadda, the ones truly losing out are the other solo survivors in that same game. They dont have the benefits of what the SWF players have and now they are going against a buffed killer.

This is why in general SWF is a pain in the bottom to balance. Something should be done though. The developers want people to play with friends, which is why SWF was created. But the developers didnt want voice communication in the game, which in 70% of games it is being used. Like it or not it doesnt matter if voice communication provides a small or large advantage (of course this is a variable depending on player skill, group size, how casual the SWF are playing) but it still does provide an advantage.

So, what do we change? i have no idea. But i feel player names should be removed from lobbies and killer perks/information shouldnt be shown till end of the game.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@PandaChris said:
    But the developers didnt want voice communication in the game, which in 70% of games it is being used.

This is not an accurate statement. They specifically stated that they didn’t want to force voice communication on those who do not want it, which is completely different from what you are saying. They have no issues at all with voice coms, as there is absolutely nothing that they can do about it. They also stated that it is an unfair advantage, and that they are trying figure out ways to change that. Will they succeed? No, it is impossible to equalize the game against this advantage. This is why killers are more powerful, but not stupidly so.

• PandaChris
    PandaChris Member Posts: 140
    edited December 2018

@Kaelum said:

@PandaChris said:
    But the developers didnt want voice communication in the game, which in 70% of games it is being used.

This is not an accurate statement. They specifically stated that they didn’t want to force voice communication on those who do not want it, which is completely different from what you are saying. They have no issues at all with voice coms, as there is absolutely nothing that they can do about it. They also stated that it is an unfair advantage, and that they are trying figure out ways to change that. Will they succeed? No, it is impossible to equalize the game against this advantage. This is why killers are more powerful, but not stupidly so.

Where did they state this? i am going from a early developer stream on why they said they didnt add it. It was because it reduced the fear factor of the game and they didnt feel people screaming all over would add anything to the game. So, thats why they didnt want to add it.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

@PandaChris they specifically talked about it in a dev stream in the last few months. I don’t remember the exact one, but it might have been the one where they talk about the rules and what is bannable.