A Legion Buff That Comes to Mind

Options
So, everyone is aware of how little perks Legion has with exposed perks being excluded. So how about this change?

Survivors injured (not including deep wound) can be instant downed with Feral Frenzy.

It makes sense in some ways, as against Legion you don't want to heal and against every other killer you do. It works in tandem with his need to put people in deep wound and also isn't broken. Its not not like that 110% was going to hurt you anyways with you being ultra alert.

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

The only issue with that is s/he goes a lot quicker while in Feral Frenzy and the person would be unlikely to avoid the hit and get away from the killer. Honestly people not healing is just laziness. Being injured is never a good idea since it makes you a one-down. Now, an increase in speed would be nice (Billy has normal speed, for instance, and his power one-downs survivors) and longer Feral Frenzy is needed.

• Pitayah
    Pitayah Member Posts: 5
    Options

@fluffybunny said:
    The only issue with that is s/he goes a lot quicker while in Feral Frenzy and the person would be unlikely to avoid the hit and get away from the killer. Honestly people not healing is just laziness. Being injured is never a good idea since it makes you a one-down. Now, an increase in speed would be nice (Billy has normal speed, for instance, and his power one-downs survivors) and longer Feral Frenzy is needed.

To be fair, there is NO way to buff a killer, without pissing off survivors, since they wanna live. I think both ideas are great and i really hope for buffs that make him Mid tier- Low high tier

• florke
    florke Member Posts: 28
    Options

I think a good buff would still be giving him normal 4.6 movement speed like most tall killers (Trapper, Clown, Billy etc.) considering I just played a match and I only now realized how much that walkspeed can ######### you over, especially late/end game.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    There is a rumour going around that something to counter no healing against legion will be added.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    florke said:

I think a good buff would still be giving him normal 4.6 movement speed like most tall killers (Trapper, Clown, Billy etc.) considering I just played a match and I only now realized how much that walkspeed can [BAD WORD] you over, especially late/end game.

This is the worst way to buff them. Would make the power pointless
  • fluffybunny
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Pitayah said:

@fluffybunny said:

To be fair, there is NO way to buff a killer, without pissing off survivors, since they wanna live. I think both ideas are great and i really hope for buffs that make him Mid tier- Low high tier

This is an issue of making a killer OP. Even with the nurse, the survivors have a chance to get away, hide, dodge. If a legion is coming up at you in frenzy and can down you if you're already injured, that would mean there's little to no ways to address that situation. They can fast vault pallets and windows. They move a lot faster than a typical killer. It'd honestly be better to make the power longer so that you can hit all the survivors, regardless of how far away they are. I think Nurses should also see it as I would consider mending a healing action, but they already turned that idea down.

This is coming from someone who likes the idea of the killer, but understands they're weak. I didn't think this would be a hard concept to understand, even from a killer main. If the survivor is left with no way to counter something, it'd leave them in a definite down. That would mean you could come back to the hook and frenzy after someone, hitting them down rather quickly regardless of if they're around pallets/windows. And when you hit people, you get notified of other people's positions. You know, hurt people you could run over and smack down immediately.

EDIT: didn't read my comment first. xD Still, I think there's some more reasonable people who play survivor, too. I consider myself a survivor main 'cause I suck at killer, but I know some killers are really weak and so on. It should be fun for everyone.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@thekiller490490 said:
    florke said:

I think a good buff would still be giving him normal 4.6 movement speed like most tall killers (Trapper, Clown, Billy etc.) considering I just played a match and I only now realized how much that walkspeed can [BAD WORD] you over, especially late/end game.

This is the worst way to buff them. Would make the power pointless

Their power would be to slow down the game by making survivors need to heal. Survivors would still forget to heal sometimes and get downed, too, and wouldn't be able to move out of the way if the killer sees them and they're at 0%, mending. Legion could use normal speed.

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Rereading my original comment, I realize that the wording is misleading. I was not implying that the healing instant down idea would be a base kit change, yet instead a change to exposed perks like Make Your Choice, Iron Maiden, etc.

The purpose of this idea was to give them perk variety and put Legion in a place where he was enjoyable because they (Legion) were more flexible to other playstyles. Once this is done, further steps can then be employed balance Legion much like they changed Doctor.
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

insta down? thats a huge buff for him
    solution for him its
    1.-make hes power similar than spirit the reason its that ppl directly spam m2 to get the survivor over and over
    2.-some addons needs a rework this is cuz some ultra rare addons are crap and it should be good since they are ultra rare
    3.-his power can be recharge little bit faster like i said in the 1 part if they make him like the spirit then hes frenzy recharge needs to be faster

• mrsirdrdudebro
    mrsirdrdudebro Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2019
    Options

Apparently, these developers don't read their own forums. Everyone has declared "The Legion" as the worst killer in the game, and there has been zero response for something thousands of people may believe they waisted their money on. Shame.

What needs to be done:
    1)Movement speed increase to at least 4.6m/s (from 4.4m/s)
    2)Survivor must be able to go down after consecutive hits while in "Frenzy" , or make the bleed out timer un-mendable ; to guarantee a down
    3)"Vault jumping" accessible outside of "Frenzy"

With these changes I believe "The Legion" will be much more appreciated then its current state. Perhaps may need to be tuned down afterwards, but shouldn't each killer have its own distinct advantage's? Currently, as we all know, "The Legion" is the worst killer in DBD.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options

I wanted this but now i got to say exposed should make main weapon twice as strong
    (as it does) and just cut any cuts needed to be brought down in half. Make the 3 hit addon even stronger by basically bringing the deepest wound where once hit they basically out of range have 1 second to mend. Imagine if could use rancor after hitting obsession twice in feral frenzy by gate then getting your kill.

• Demoth
    Demoth Member Posts: 49
    Options

@Tru3Lemon said:
    solution for him its
    1.-make hes power similar than spirit the reason its that ppl directly spam m2 to get the survivor over and over
    2.-some addons needs a rework this is cuz some ultra rare addons are crap and it should be good since they are ultra rare
    3.-his power can be recharge little bit faster like i said in the 1 part if they make him like the spirit then hes frenzy recharge needs to be faster

If Legion couldn't get consecutive hits, and would need his power to be fully charges before going into Frenzy again, he would be the most worthless killer in the game. If all the survivors were spread out, you would hit a survivor twice with Frenzy, and then you would need 15 seconds before you could catch up to them again, hit, then another 15 seconds to catch up and hit. That's almost a minute in a chase if the survivors aren't all holding hands, and that's just to down one person. You'd lose 3 generators, assuming the survivor didn't manage to lose you while you were slow chasing them waiting for your power to return after giving them a speed boost from the Frenzy hits.

Even now, I rarely see more than two survivors together, and deep wounding one and chasing the other almost guarantees the first one I hit is going to get away with a 10 seconds delay to doing gens as they mend. It's stupid.

• Demoth
    Options

@mrsirdrdudebro said:
    Apparently, these developers don't read their own forums. Everyone has declared "The Legion" as the worst killer in the game, and there has been zero response for something thousands of people may believe they waisted their money on. Shame.

What needs to be done:
    1)Movement speed increase to at least 4.6m/s (from 4.4m/s)
    2)Survivor must be able to go down after consecutive hits while in "Frenzy" , or make the bleed out timer un-mendable ; to guarantee a down
    3)"Vault jumping" accessible outside of "Frenzy"

With these changes I believe "The Legion" will be much more appreciated then its current state. Perhaps may need to be tuned down afterwards, but shouldn't each killer have its own distinct advantage's? Currently, as we all know, "The Legion" is the worst killer in DBD.

Because they don't care what we think. They only do internal testing for balance, and always determine that something is already decently strong, despite it being ######### worthless at red ranks. They've also stated that not every killer is supposed to be good, which... you know, that's just baffling, because right now Legion is not only not very good (without addons), but he's also not fun to play against, which is what they stated their real mission was in creating him.

Seriously, I've watched games where HybridPanda, Tru3, Monto, and other great players play Legion at rank 1. You know what I see? They usually get styled on, except for their YouTube videos where they cherry pick the games to showcase where they do well, and it's usually because the survivors are being incredibly stupid, like all 4 working on a gen, getting deep wounded, and then not leaving the area so they can all just get downed.

I'm not saying people aren't good with Legion, but being successful with him requires that the survivors refuse to split up, and refuse to do gens while one of their teammates is being chased. If everyone spreads out and works on gens, while Legion is busy chasing someone down, it's an easy 3 gen pop.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

@Demoth said:

@Tru3Lemon said:
    solution for him its

If Legion couldn't get consecutive hits, and would need his power to be fully charges before going into Frenzy again, he would be the most worthless killer in the game. If all the survivors were spread out, you would hit a survivor twice with Frenzy, and then you would need 15 seconds before you could catch up to them again, hit, then another 15 seconds to catch up and hit. That's almost a minute in a chase if the survivors aren't all holding hands, and that's just to down one person. You'd lose 3 generators, assuming the survivor didn't manage to lose you while you were slow chasing them waiting for your power to return after giving them a speed boost from the Frenzy hits.

Even now, I rarely see more than two survivors together, and deep wounding one and chasing the other almost guarantees the first one I hit is going to get away with a 10 seconds delay to doing gens as they mend. It's stupid.

the sadly part its that legion can do alot of bad things like the exploit of moonwalk (im a legion main and i dont do that) the look down and follow the blood or the spam attack hes just a exploit killer and a tunneler

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327
    Options

He needs to have Frank's mix tape as standard. frenzy hits should be enough for him to get some1 down, 4 hits is way to much

• Demoth
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Tru3Lemon said:
    the sadly part its that legion can do alot of bad things like the exploit of moonwalk (im a legion main and i dont do that) the look down and follow the blood or the spam attack hes just a exploit killer and a tunneler

I've had to stop using Legion, because even with Frank's Mix-Tape, a lot of the survivors at Rank 1 are just going to power through generators like crazy while you're downing the first person, and most likely all escape.

I got to rank 1 with Legion, but that was also because the double BP week and Christmas Boxes were dropping Very Rare addons like insanity, and a lot of survivors seem to just give up when you start smacking them down in 3 hits instead of 4.

Even then, if I notice that it's a SWF 4 stack, I just switch to Nurse because at least Nurse can quickly end a chase once you get her blinks down, and the right perk combos will absolutely obliterate survivors who rely too heavily on loops.

@SkerpiTwitch said:
    He needs to have Frank's mix tape as standard. frenzy hits should be enough for him to get some1 down, 4 hits is way to much

I really want Legion to be buffed, but this would be the wrong way to do it. He would become the ultimate newb stomper at green ranks, and essentially be a giant unfun pain in the ass at lower ranks because there would be absolutely no escaping him once he saw you. You'd probably still lose, but one unlucky survivor would probably get tunneled to #########.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,269
    Options

Legion is a tricky one to change. If they buff him in the wrong (or right) places. He becomes way too overpowered. You can't avoid his power once you're in a chase.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,269
    Options

Ive posted a rework suggestion not to long ago, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/40262/rework-for-legion#latest

• OtakuZero
    OtakuZero Member Posts: 18
    Options

This killer needs reworked entirely, no buff just completely redone... As of now this killer is very unfun to play against and very boring to play as.