Can we please revert Iron Will

Iron will was strong perk but was not OP and some characters needed it because they are just to loud for Ex Jeff,David,Jane,Haddie,Bill,Ash and Rebecca etc all these survivors I used to enjoy playing and it also made some fun stealth plays and builds like overcome and lucky break. This perk is very easily countered by strider if you had aura reading or even line of sight this perk literally did nothing.and the exhaustion condition just makes it completely useless for synergy in any builds this perk got nerfed so hard for no reason.I think why it was used a lot because a lot of survivors people play are just to loud

Comments

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

IW is fine it its current state, but every survivor's voice should be the same volume. I really don't understand why it was never obvious to the dev team.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862
    edited December 2022

Just include bite the bullet with your build if you wanna be stealthy after getting hit then heal in a corner. Put in distortion also in case they have nurses calling. You dont really need iron will if thats the build ur going for.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Iron Will would be okay if there was not the exhaustion clause.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

Iron will has been balanced now, you can still use it for stealth but you cant use it as well, when the killer is right next to you.

bHVR should NEVER revert those changes

• FMG15
    FMG15 Member Posts: 456

I do agree that the changes were too much but I am glad that they made it so it won't work with exhaustion perks like Sprint Burst. The main issue was that they not only made the grunts of pain quiet but also any sound they would emmit. They should have changed it so you could still hear the footsteps but their grunts of pain were silent. I understand the exhaustion part though. They just wanted to change the meta in a way so former popular perk combos won't synergize anymore. Iron Will is still an amazing perk and it baffles me whenever people say that it's weak now.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

It was disgustingly obnoxious, glad its been nerfed

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 542

I played Jeff from release of his DLC until 6.1.0.

I used to tab from the game each time he got hooked, and ran Iron Will on him no matter the build I was using.

Post 6.1.0 I've switched to Tapp (after experimenting with Quentin & Yoichi) because the loud noises are simply unbearable. I swear they said that they were going to revisit how loud each survivor was and equalise them, but I don't believe that they ever did.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,383

Iron Will is fine. It helps you stealth but doesn't prevent the killer from locating you if they get close.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Personally I think they nerfed it a tad too hard. They should’ve left it at 100% but just make it give permanent Exhausted period so that if you want to run it you aren’t allowed to use Exhaustion perks.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Honestly the Exhaustion penalty needs removed then it'll be fine.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,903

They're already looking at the sounds of survivors to be around the same so you dont have the difference of Ace vs Bill. And the 75% is still very good and makes sense why it disables with exhaustion and makes it fair because losing all breathing sound when footsteps barely work in this game is very powerful.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

IW was OP. It is still very good, as well as DS. Please adapt.

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117

As long spirit exists, IW cannot be 100%

• Jackal7879
    Jackal7879 Member Posts: 121

For people saying that it’s OP (which I still think it isn’t IMO) look at it from this direction you can have one stealth/chase perk that’s possibly one less prove thy self one less adrenaline, one less circle of healing that can benefit the whole team if just one person brings it, one less built to last with a commodious toolbox possibly even one less off the record and possibly one less unbreakable, I rather have 4 iron wills than one unbreakable, and with all this aura reading it can literally just cancel out this perk even the popular one right now nowhere to hide will destroy this perk. And again if you’re at a short wall loop this park will do absolutely nothing the only place where it really shine chilies. The killer was long wall/short wall jungle gyms