Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do all the new maps suck so much?

Forza
Forza Member Posts: 109
edited December 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

does anyone really enjoy playing on eyrie of crows, lampkin lane, shattered square, or garden of joy?

Comments

• proxy_taxfraud
    proxy_taxfraud Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 153

Lampkin is New?

• Forza
    edited December 2022

it was reworked not long ago and is basically an entirely different map from what it originally was

• entertainment720
    entertainment720 Member Posts: 246

Can you add details as to what you are not enjoying about these maps?

• Forza

garden of joy - too big and too much clutter. has too many strong vault locations that are often located right next numerous safe pallets. why is there a killer shack on this map when the main building is already so oppressive?

eyrie of crows - it's too big with far too many pallets AND a killer shack. this would be a great map if it wasn't so big.

lampkin lane rework - it's again, too big. with several extremely oppressive vaulting locations. this map is only playable for killer because it has a strong 3 gen strategy

shattered square - every tile has a safe pallet, often times multiple strong vaults are chained together. there's also a killer shack here, why? and the color of the map makes scratch marks hard to see.

• proxy_taxfraud
    proxy_taxfraud Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 153

I like lampkin lane. New lampkin lane is fine.

Eyrie, Borgo and Garden of No Joy and Midwich can kindly go die in a fire tho.

RPD is somewhere on that list too, although not quite as bad as the above mentioned.

With the question as to "details what I don't enjoy about these maps" you're not going to get any satisfying answers because quite a lot of things would have to be put in perspective first in order to even get to the general ballpark of what feels wrong about them.

It's like asking "why do you not like chocolate icecream?" Well because I don't like it, how in-depth you want me to go with this?

Perhaps it is a really good question begging for an answer from the mind behind the map designs.

Why do they suck? Why do they not suck?

To me personally, it does not instill me with the greatest of hope when I take time to analyze for myself sentences like We looked at the data and came to the conclusion to nerf pig or It's just like a game of hockey.

There is a fundamental difference between how different groups of players in the community see the game and how the body of the community at large sees the game as opposed to how BHVR sees it.

• Forza

i just think the last good map this game released was glenvale. it's fun to play for both sides, you don't need to play a nurse or blight to feel like you can contest gens. there's always action. it's one of the few maps where it really feels like the better side wins, rather than one side getting extremely unfair map setups. the only thing i'd change bout glenvale is reduce the strength of the 3 gen that can occasionally occur here on the side of the map behind the gallows, and maybe reduce the strength of the downstairs vault in the main building (this vault gives survivors enough time to usually escape to 1 of several pallet locations, but shouldn't be a decent loop as well.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

Newer maps are very heavily survivor sided. Shattered square is really bad with the colors. It looks like there is scratch marks everywhere even though there isnt. Too many strong buildings + shack and way too much stuff to get stuck on and strong pallets.

Garden of joy... Nothing joyful about this map. Safe pallets after safe pallets. infinite loop at the main house and a killer shack. Needs a remake for sure

Earie..whats to say. Too big. Strong main building + killer shack. Horrible map for trapper, hag and M1 killers. Also stealth killers good luck. Way too many filler pallets that are also very very safe.

Ok haddonfield... well the buildings are horrible. Easy to loop for survivor but yeah it has strong 3 gen but smart survivors will push these gens first.

Badham all variations... please remove from the game...nothing more to say

• Forza
    edited December 2022

garden of joy - i'd balance this by getting rid of the pallets that spawn next to the white picket fences. these fences are actually strong loops even without a pallet. i'd get rid of the cars on this map. these car loops are too strong. i'd remove the vault next to the gen upstairs in the main building and replace it with a hole in the wall for the survivors to simply fall from. the vault makes it soo strong. i'd probably do that with the vault in the back of the bottom stairs too. get rid of the vault and replace it with a simple fall. i'd also replace the large bushes on this map with something else, they're too glitchy, they block attacks where they shouldn't, just a horrible part of the map.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

Lampkin Lane - the street is way too wide in my opinion. Feels strange.

Kinda get used to Eyrie and Garden of Joy and Dead Dawg. But i still prefer the no daylight maps.

The new Borgo i think it is the color. The red is just too much.

I really like Midwich and RPD.

But - i play Doctor and not high MMR.

• entertainment720
    entertainment720 Member Posts: 246

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on these!

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

I've liked every match I've played on Shattered Square since they fixed the pallet bug. The colours of the map could use a bit more refining, but the actual layout doesn't seem that bad- but it's still new, so maybe I've just not noticed the truly awful elements, if any exist. I also enjoy Eyrie depending on which killer I'm playing, I just like the more medium-sized maps and while there are some quite safe pallets near the graveyard-y area the rest of the map is pretty neutral to play around. But, it must be said, Trapper and Ghostface among a few others really suffer there.

Side note, genuine question, why are so many people saying that these maps have a killer shack? Doesn't every outdoor map except Haddonfield have a shack...?

• Forza

killer shack provides survivors with a strong loop and a god pallet. even when the killer plays it well it can still waste plenty of their time. and of course any other nearby pallets or vaults can make it feel like an infinite. often killers just have to abandon chase if a survivor makes it to the shack safely. when a map already has numerous other extremely safe tiles and buildings then a killer shack can take a map that may be slightly survivor sided and make it very survivor sided.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

Right, but- every map has a shack, unless it's indoors, save for Haddonfield, right?. So... it's not as though it's a thing they chose to add, it's just how maps work.

Also it's not that strong, every killer is able to play around shack. I feel you, I struggle with it too, but it's not really the worst tile.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981
    edited December 2022

Tbh, I kinda like Haddonfield as killer now. The pallets are not that safe and it has a lot of dead zones.

Not that it is a good map for killer by any means but 90% of DbD maps stink.

Also, Eyrie isn't that bad either.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

Incompetency and high ego.