Fix. Map. Offerings.

Options
RainehDaze
RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
edited January 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Seriously, do something about the stupid side imbalance in map offerings. 5/5 games today, at least one Survivor has brought a map offering. So, naturally, the one time I want to use the lone relevant map offering I have to do a dumb break-all-the-pallets build, I lose the coinflip and get sent to a map with almost none of them. Cue another offering right after.

"Each of the people on the team of four has an equal chance of deciding where you go as the lone player" is kind of lopsided.

'But only a SWF could guarantee a map pick then' is fine. They already have a massive advantage in cost efficiency as it is, and it's not like a non-SWF can co-ordinate the same to have tactics for a specific map. The only thing that needs changing is something like the Breakout achievement.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,925
    Options

Map offerings should have been killer only from the start (and hidden). You're in the entities realm after all. Bit late now to change it without an uproar though.

• Little_Kitten
    Little_Kitten Member Posts: 871
    Options

Even if your proposal makes sense in relation to the lore of DbD, it would be, from a fairness point of view, unfair that only the killer could have the opportunity to choose the map 😣

On the other hand, I hope that one day, these offerings will be reworked, and will have the opposite effect.

• Seraphor
    Options

It's only unfair in perspective to the current state of the game allowing survivors to use them.

This is an asymmetrical game, killers get advantages survivors do not, and survivors get advantages killers do not.

Survivors can't see who the killer is, and for good reason. Similar logic could apply to the killer having exclusive rights over the map they play on.

By all means this could be balanced by giving survivors other powerful offerings, like them having more effective versions of Mist, Oak, Chest and Survivor spawn offerings.

It can also be seen as unfair that survivors get four offering slots to use versus the killers one offering slot, and yet they're all of equal power. Killer has to choose between Map, BP or game-altering offerings, survivors can stack all of them.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

So nurse should be allowed to guarantee midwich while survivors can’t choose?

That seems kinda stupid

• Little_Kitten
    Options

The problem is that killers can be extremely annoying with map offers.

Ex : doctor with distressing / sloppy butcher / unnerving presence / coulrophobia + Midwich // The game offering

No thanks 🤣

• Little_Kitten
    Options

"Survivors can't see who the killer is, and for good reason. Similar logic could apply to the killer having exclusive rights over the map they play on."

The difference between the survivors and the killer is that the survivors are actually clones.

Whether the killer knows that he is facing 4 Feng Min or 4 Nea, in the end, it doesn't change the perks, offerings, items and addons that the survivors can use 🙂

The killer, on the other hand, is unique, and has unique abilities/characteristics.

If the survivors knew which killer they were going to face, it would be deeply unbalanced 😔

The only change that would not change anything would be that the killer could no longer see the survivors in the lobby 😉

• Seraphor
    edited January 2023
    Options

I'm talking about a hypothetical scenario where map offerings were always killer exclusive. In such a universe, maps would have to be balanced so that killers weren't OP on certain maps from the start.

I already said, it's too late to do that now.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

Map offering should be removed and each map should have the same % of happening ( and no, it is not )

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519
    Options

thats how it is now. Survivors can guarentee rpd, eyrie, garden of joy, the game, coldwind, or borgo because they have 4 offering slots as opposed to 1

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    edited January 2023
    Options

I can't think of a good rework to map offerings due to the asymmetric nature of the game

For example if they're made just into map bans, that would feel really weak, esp. for killer. It'd also kill jumpscare myers.

If they just give the map a 25% chance, does the killer get 100%? 50%? If 100% this would feel pretty bad for solos. It'd probably be super unsatisfying as both with 50% since there's a good chance your offering doesn't work.

Throw them in the trash? People would probably riot. And again, would kill certain builds and make certain challenges a pain.

Throw them in the trash and replace them with 2 offerings, one that sends you to an outdoor map and one that sends you to an indoors map? Iunno if people would like that. It's really just killers who care about the outdoor/indoor distinction depending on the killer they're playing too.

Could they at least make Sacrificial Wards a lot more common though? Perhaps Yellow or Brown? They really aren't worth taking unless you see a lobby with heavy SWF vibes, and even in that case have a decent chance to be worthless. For example my P3 PH has only.... one, and I'm fairly certain I never used any.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

And that’s one of the many reasons I want it changed but I’d rather not flip the coin in the exact opposite way. Better to make them balanced for both sides