Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

New Killer Rank Up System is Bugged

BloodBird
BloodBird Member Posts: 160
edited January 2023 in Bug Reporting

The new system doesn't work properly.

The idea is that 1-2 kills earns you a safety pip, 3 kills a pip and 4 kills 2 pips.

However if a survivor bleeds out, no matter what you do for the rest of that game you cannot receive a pip for that game.

As well, if a survivor DC's, you also cannot receive a pip no matter what.

I can understand the bleeding out thing removing your pip as that is slightly in the killer's control and is actually a good mechanic to encourage a killer not to slug.

But surely it must be a bug to not get a pip when a survivor DC's, that HAS TO BE A BUG, or else the DEV's have lost their fricking minds, cause what nutjob thought it would be a good idea to let ANY SURVIVOR HAVE TOTAL 100% CONTROL OVER WHETHER OR NOT A KILLER PIPS SIMPLY BY DISCONNECTING.

We're talking about a level of abuse that will, THAT WILL, occur here the likes of which this game has never seen.

Survivors DC sometimes on first hook, sometimes if they are just found and hit first, or worse, maybe just a connection issue, and for that, a killer loses all pip potential for a game?

This cannot remain this way, this cannot be how the game stays, mark my words, I will not be the first to complain about this.

And on the off chance that I am the only person in the entire game being affected this way, here are my specs.

I am a PS4 player and this has happened over multiple games, I had a game where a survivor both bled out and 1 dc'd, multiple games with just a dc, and a game where 1 bled out, and in all cases, despite killing all other remaining suvivors on hook, I never got a single pip in any of those games.

ATTN BHVR: Do not leave the killer pip system in this state, it will lead to massive abuses by the survivor side.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,678

That's not how they changed the system at all. Pipping is still tied to emblems and bloodpoints. Nothing about that has changed at all.

The only change was the text you get at the top of the screen, so it's easier to get adept now. All you need is a 4k to get Merciless now, not to get 4 iridescent emblems.

Technically, you could go into a game with the killer's 3 unique perks, go AFK, and you can get adept if the survivors all die to the end game collapse. That counts as a 4k, and 'Merciless killer', but you will also depip because you have nearly nothing earned toward emblems.

This is the text from the patch notes:

• Moving forward, getting 4 Kills will earn the Killer a Merciless Killer rating, rather than the previous requirement of a double pip.

Nowhere have they ever said that a Merciless rating is an automatic double pip, that's the whole reason emblems exist, to grade how well you played as a killer.

• BloodBird
    BloodBird Member Posts: 160

I understand, ok well thank you for clarifying that.