If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can the Red Forest (Mother's Dwelling) be fixed/balanced?

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
edited January 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

This map is one of the most unbalanced maps in the game right next to Garden Of Joy. It's way too big, full of strong/nearly impossible to counter loops, and the gens are all really spread out in safe spaces.

At least tone down the size of the map and remove some of the strong/impossible loops, then it'll be fine.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 529
    Options

Forest & swamp are the only realms left that haven't been graphically updated yet so they will be changed eventually,

As to what those changes will look like (other than a couple of obligatory breakable walls) is anyone's guess.

Personally I think while graphically better looking almost all changes have been overall less appealing.

Finally purely from personal experience as a killer & a survivor killers tend to do better on forest map than is generally noted on these forums.

I've started stat collections again with the new solo survivor hub changes so i'll be dropping reports on that after every round (game played with every survivor using adept perks) 20 games in though forest kill rate is 75%.

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    Options

I think a lot of red forest's reputation comes from memories of bad RNG

It has absolutely massive amounts of variation, and it creates a dilemma for you if a decent survivor gets some good resources, because normally you'd probably just abandon them to pressure a gen if you don't have a strong chase power. On red forest, though, the large size penalizes this quite a bit.

That's just my guess though, I do agree though that the rework is likely coming due to this being an older map due for a graphical overhaul.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Judging by the way they handle map reworks these last couple of years they will definitely turn swamp and forest into the next Garden of Joy. Their map balancing has objectively gotten a lot worse, it's like they didn't learn anything at all from their past mistakes. Maps are getting more and more survivor sided with every single release.

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    edited January 2023
    Options

Are you sure about this for map reworks though?

Coldwind: Most of these are relatively fair, if still a bit survivor-sided, it's only cowshed I'm afraid of as killer.

Macmillan: These are relatively balanced, a couple very killer-sided though.

Autohaven: Ditto. Gas heaven is very survivor-sided though.

Haddonfield: Really depends on what killer and build you're running, but it's undoubtedly more balanced than before.

Gideon: Miserable for both sides. Killer-sided on average imo, a good team can really make you suffer though unless you can ignore pallets.

RPD: Somewhat killer sided post-rework.

Ormond: Ormond used to be a nightmare for killers. Now it's not so bad.

Badham: Yeah these are pretty painful for killer both pre and post rework.

Yamaoka: These are pretty fair.

Eyrie: Much more fair, although it's still an utter nightmare on Bubba and Billy. It just needs a couple more hooks and less collision and I'll be happy.

Edit: Turns out asylum did get a rework. Disturbed ward is still pain for killers.

Like yeah their last 3 maps I dislike, but when it comes to reworks they've had a lot more hits than misses imo.

Post edited by Ithiria on