Buffs/Changes For The Pig

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
edited January 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, I went back and played Pig recently, and somehow, she's worse than I remembered. This killer desperately needs buffs, so I thought I'd share my ideas on making her a bit better. Her addons need changes as well, but those won't be mentioned here. Other ideas are welcome.

Ambush Attack

• Increase Ambush Attack Duration to 4 seconds
  • Increase movement speed during a dash to 7.1 m/s
  • Cooldown of a successful attack is 1.5 seconds
  • Cooldown of a Missed Attack will be 1.2 seconds
  • A survivor hit with an Ambush Attack will be put into the Deep Wound status effect
  • Pig's roar doesn't sound until the end of the Ambush Charge (So at around 3 seconds).

Crouching

• Increase Crouching Movement Speed to 3.8 m/s
  • Change Crouch Transition speed to 1 second
  • Breaking pallets and generators is slightly faster while crouched

Reverse Bear Traps and Jigsaw Boxes

• Change the base amount of RBTs to 5
  • Change the RBT timer to 120 seconds
  • Survivors with a RBT (whether active or inactive) will be affected with a slight Hindered effect)
  • Trapped survivors cannot see the Auras of Jigsaw Boxes until their trap is active
  • Change Jigsaw Box search time to 14 seconds (was 12 seconds)
  • Uninjured survivors who miss/fail a skill check while searching a jigsaw box will become injured and affected with the Mangled status effect until healed. Injured survivors will be affected with the Mangled effect until healed.

Comments

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited January 2023
    Options

Piggy doesnt need buffs without nerfs on the other side.

I love playing Piggy, her RBTs are more consistent with the last buff they received.

4 RBTs = 12 searches in total, max. 4 Searches out of 5 Boxes possible.

This is the best slowdown besides Cenobites Chain Hunt in the game.

Her Ambush however sucks.

Here is my idea:

• Nerf: RBTs end up in 10 searches in total, not 12.
    • Buff: Increase her crouching speed to 4,0m/s / 100% without addon. Johns Medical File maybe needs adjusted.
    • Buff: Make Combat Straps Basekit
    • Buff: The Ambush can break Pallets
  • TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

For a start, pig needs a boop the snoot score event. The only other basekit changes she needs is combat straps, medical file and workshop grease basekit. As for addons, Amanda's letter shouldn't reduce the amount of hats you have, video tape should give you more hats, last will needs the charge speed debuff removed and Amanda's secret needs a complete rework

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,237
    Options

Sounds much more reasonable. I would actually go for this suggestion. OP's suggestion is way too much but this one would actually make pig more in line with other stronger killers

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,346
    Options

Maybe the dash can also bring down the breakable walls as well?

• Orlo_Dorko
    Orlo_Dorko Member Posts: 2
    Options

I speak as a survivor, the pig is already extremely horrible as it is now, there is no need to improve. When I come across this killer, I don't play, I just die

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

Yes why not. But it wouldnt be that much of an impact, cause u need time to crouch and ambush. On Pallets, you could bait the pallet out and instantly break it, if u think you would miss anyway.