Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Rancor bug

Largey24
Largey24 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Rancor gave directional notification of survivor inside a locker after gen popped.

Description:

One survivor was hiding inside a locker inside my terror radius when another survivor popped a gen. Rancor showed the survivor who popped the gen, but didn't show the player inside of the locker, but when I turned my camera away from the locker direction I received a directional arrow to the side of my screen pointing towards the locker (it was in the corner of the map so it was obvious where the survivor was hiding, also this was the only other survivor alive (other than the one who completed the gen).) This survivor was also using the perk Distortion but unsure if it had any tokens at this point of the game.

Character played: The Spirit. (Survivor who was inside the locker: Feng Min)

Perks played: Jolt, Barbecue and Chilli, Rancor, Play With Your Food

Map: Crotus Penn Asylum, Father Campbell's Chapel

Frequency: Once.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,746

Sometimes the location bubbles from Rancor aren’t shown if you’re too close to the survivor (but then it was shown when you looked away from them).

It’s intended that the survivor was revealed though. Rancor uses a special location bubble that can’t be blocked by lockers or Distortion as it’s technically not considered to be aura reading.