PS5 - Can’t access the game (v6.5.2)

Options
conrudy24
conrudy24 Member Posts: 16

Ever since the update, two scenarios occur:

1. I can’t get passed the main logo screen (“Press X to continue” screen). It just fails saying “In order to access this content, a network connection is required.” My PS5 is connected to the internet and the PS Network so I know that’s not the issue
  2. I make it to the main menu, click on killer, ready up, then the game almost immediately loses connection to the host and boots me to the main logo screen. (Also spending bloodpoints in the bloodweb while not readied up, crashes it too after a few levels in the web)
3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• conrudy24
    conrudy24 Member Posts: 16
    Options

After restarting the game (for the 3rd time) and letting the movie scene play through, I seem to be able to get in and join a match

• dbdeej
    dbdeej Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2023
    Options

i've been experiencing the same issue, though i also get an "invalid SSL certificate" error if not the network connection error. my internet is fine, everything else has no problem connecting. i've been having issues since the end of the lunar event, though the problem i was experiencing then was that i would get disconnected at the end of every match (in the post game screen either after escaping or being killed) with a "connection" error, booted back to the main screen, and all of my earned bloodpoints and all of my progress made toward my equipped challenge was reverted and lost/not counted despite it being counted during the match and on the post game screen. i have essentially been unable to play the game since monday (2/5) due to errors not on my end.

edit: i'm on pc.

Post edited by dbdeej on
  • Phijo
    Phijo Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2023
    Options

Same issue as everyone here. Except I'm on PC. Nothing changed on my computer or network. Have been getting server connection errors since last patch - challenges not being counted unless I wait like 5 minutes after each match for it to connect. Even then, it still sometimes doesn't register and I get booted saying I need an internet connection. Even though I'm on Discord with a bunch of people and have an active RDC session open on my other screen.

Now today, after the latest patch, I'm getting the never before seen message: "Invalid SSL Certificate: The security of the root CA certificate could not be verified."

Fixed a bunch of bugs, introduced some new ones... Great testing!

• Petforces
    Petforces Member Posts: 42
    Options

I'm On ps5 as well. And every time I try to log on it breaks. If I try 5-10 times, it eventually lets me in. But then it still acts buggy. And the archives are glitched. Like I completed one of them, Got an error when the game restarted It was not completed. Also on a different one I lost progress after gaining it.

I'm not seeing alot of people complaining about it though, so i'm worried I just can't play, Wondering if I should contact them directly.

• Swapty
    Swapty Member Posts: 1
    Options

Been getting the same errors on PC-(Steam) since the patch on the 7th. I'm able to play matches and all progress is saved except my archive challenges. Typically get booted back to the start screen after matches as well and have to hit continue 5+ times until the error doesn't come up and I can access the main menu again. I've gotten about 5 or 6 different errors from "Invalid SSL Certificate" "No Network Connection" despite having a perfectly fine internet connection. "Save Game Error" "Party Creation Failed" "Player ID Error"

• CeliaClaire
    CeliaClaire Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

I also have been having these problems since update. I have reinstalled the game a couple times now to see if that would fix it; on top of verifying my files. I can get a game in before this starts happening again and that's even if I get rewarded for the game I get to play.