We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

To the pet owners in DBD: 2 days ago, while playing DBD, my cat tried to cuddle me

Options
AshInTheTallGrass
AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,642

I put my elbow out because cuddles from him usually involve lots of rubbing his face against mine. I can't see when he does that. And I didn't want to blow a skill check or accidentally body block a teammate.

So I raised my arm, pointing my elbow out, again and again, gently deterring him. And then I kept playing DBD.

And he died last night. I found him in my bedroom, on the floor, next to my bed. He looked like he was sleeping.

Words cannot explain the unfathomable grief I have. It's choking me, making it hard to breathe, impossible to sleep, and twisting my insides until they want to expel.

He was fine. My baby was fine. No warning. He just went to bed, next to where I go to bed, and seemingly died in his sleep.

I can't really write well now. I'm still too much in shock.

But I guess the point of my story is, I didn't cuddle my baby because I didn't want to mess up in DBD. And I . . . I can't process that choice and the ramifications it now has for me. Maybe he knew something was wrong and he just wanted to feel better. I don't know. Thinking about that sends me into another wave of utter grief.

I have other pets. And thinking about how I didn't cuddle him makes me determined to cuddle them whenever they want. I don't care if I mess up in DBD. I don't care if I blow a skill check or body block a teammate or whatever--and you shouldn't either. If your pet wants to cuddle you, happily cuddle them. I won't care if I'm your teammate and I get sacrificed because you took the time to show some affection to the special ones in your life. It's just a game. It doesn't matter. They do. I always knew losing him would be hard, but I didn't know how hard it would be until I actually lost him.

Give your pets some love right now. Every cuddle is more precious when you realize you'll never have another.

(When I wrote this post I couldn't bring myself to post it. Still not totally ready to, to be honest)

Comments