The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Flickering environment Xbox Series X

Glaive
Glaive Member Posts: 65

During a match, elements of the map are constantly flicking is there any fix for this ? Is it a known issue ?

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• The_VIIth_1
    The_VIIth_1 Member Posts: 11

Same here & I am also playing on a Series X. It started weeks ago immediately after downloading the last mid-chapter patch. There have been 2 bug fix patches & the 6.6.0 patch since then. None have fixed the problem. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, & even installing to a different storage device as well as restarting my console & performing a factory reset to no avail. I really wish this would get fixed. It is driving me nuts. It only happens in certain parts of the environment with specific assets like certain patches of grass. It seems to be really bad on the Autohaven Wreckers maps as well as with the white lines on the floor of the Gideon Meat Plant. You can also see it with books on the floor in the Eyrie Of Crows & RPD maps as well as with some of those growths on the walls of the RPD. I don't recall seeing the Coldwind Farms, Silent Hill, new Temple Of Purgation, Decimated Borgo, or Badham maps do it, though.

• The_VIIth_1
    edited April 2023

Glaive, until they fix this, set your resolution to 1080p if you can handle the resolution downgrade. It makes the flickering stop.

Post edited by The_VIIth_1 on
  • The_VIIth_1

Scratch that. The flickering persists. It seemed to fix the issue when I posted that suggestion. Sorry about that. Is it still happening to you? There is a patch dropping today. With any luck, it will finally fix the problem but I'm not holding my breath since they don't even seem to be acknowledging it. It is driving me crazy.

• sirlemonhead
    sirlemonhead Member Posts: 44

I have this problem too, on Series X, since around the same time and I've always been running that game at 1080P

• Kessora
    Kessora Member Posts: 89

Same problem here, 1080p xbox series x

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Had it on Series X for weeks now

• Evilboy95
    Evilboy95 Member Posts: 5

Same problem, 1440p series X

• The_VIIth_1

I'm glad more people are chiming in & this issue has finally gained some traction. Anyway, I played multiple matches after the mid-chapter patch dropped 2 days ago. I am happy to report that the issue seems to have been fixed. I didn't see a single instance of flickering. Thank you to the devs for fixing this issue.