Selling Offerings & More

I think it would be a great idea if players could sell items, offerings, add-ons & even perks back to the entity for a partial refund. Most if not all players have offerings they can't use because the event expired, or have something they don't want to use but maybe had to get it because of their bloodweb. I think it would make sense for survivors and killers to be able to send back whatever they don't want or plan to use in exchange for a portion of the bloodpoints that was spent for it depending on the rarity.

Comments

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482

Underrated post

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,242
    edited March 2023

Alternative suggestion:

1. Remove some or even all BP offerings from the bloodweb.
    2. Provide the ability to convert any other items/add ons/offerings into BP offerings of the same rarity. (maybe with a small 4% chance of a lucky rarity upgrade)

You'll get more of the stuff you do want (because those BP offering slots on the bloodweb will be taken up by useful things), and less of the stuff you don't (convert all the things you don't use).

This is an indirect refund, as it still requires you to play and use that BP offering to get some use out of it.

The devs can adjust how much more prolific the functional items and add ons are by how big a proportion of the bloodweb BP offerings are converted. Let's say BP offerings on the bloodweb are reduced by 50%, that's increasing the proliferation of add ons and items by roughly 50% itself.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2023

I could see some potential bad scenarios where it essentially lets you have infinite of whatever offering/addon you're wanting more.

I'd rather the less abusable route of looking at all the bad/unfun offerings/addons and buffing/reworking them to make them more attractive. Of course you will always have preferences and which ones are the best, but less abuse from this route and more variety in viable builds.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,242

I wouldn't dismiss Blueberry's point entirely like that.

Crafting systems are prone to these sort of exploits, and an infinite supply of your favourite Iridescent add on isn't a healthy addition to the game.

My suggestion was more limited than a full on crafting system that allows you to pick and choose what you want. Instead, you're still ultimately limited by what is available on the bloodweb, it just has the scope to be a bit more generous in the way it distributes functional add ons, in a way the devs can fine tune to give the level of scarcity that they want for maintaining balance.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,549

I can see everything but perks in a system... I've mentioned it before