Survivor's not exiting as the Gates are open and wasting time on the Killer by trolling.

I am starting to get irritated with Survivors enjoying to linger around after the Exits are open and they choose to stay for sometime to play with me as I fail to sacrifice them and not only that, why can the Survivor just leave already to make the session end already? seriously, there has to be a punishment for not leaving the game after 10 seconds, because it is just plain dumb to keep fooling around with a Killer that tries to finish his or her daily and wants to progress to earn more blood points.

Comments

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@Lodosslight said:
    I am starting to get irritated with Survivors enjoying to linger around after the Exits are open and they choose to stay for sometime to play with me as I fail to sacrifice them and not only that, why can the Survivor just leave already to make the session end already? seriously, there has to be a punishment for not leaving the game after 10 seconds, because it is just plain dumb to keep fooling around with a Killer that tries to finish his or her daily and wants to progress to earn more blood points.

Why don't you just hit them and force them to leave?

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Agreed. Wish they would do something to fix how stupidly safe the area around the gate and hatch are.
    They know they're safe there, and that's why they do it.
    There's basically zero incentive for a killer to do anything at that point unless they have NOED, or a one hit down power.

Put them in danger of losing and they will bounce quicker to avoid it.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Rebel_Raven said:
    Agreed. Wish they would do something to fix how stupidly safe the area around the gate and hatch are.
    There's basically zero incentive for a killer to do anything at that point unless they have NOED, or a one hit down power.

Yes because you can't go smack them out of said gate to gt them to exit while also getting some extra points. That's 2 incentives for you to chase them out the exit gate.

• Rebel_Raven
    edited December 2018
    powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Yes because you can't go smack them out of said gate to gt them to exit while also getting some extra points. That's 2 incentives for you to chase them out the exit gate.

A few hundred points, and a pointless chaseout? They may not even let you hit them, or will try and juke and 360, and crap?
    Really? Lol

So survivors can get their rocks off?
    And be encouraged to do it again, and again?
    Nope. Not worth giving it to them. At all. Unless the game was interesting,  I'd rather start up a youtube vid, or hit the forums. 
    Yeah, that's right, they need to earn it by making it a fun game for me. If they don't, fuckem. Can't be arsed.

The biggest issue is how safe survivors are, their abuse of it, and the immense anticlimactic ending.
    If they're at the gate waiting, there's no satisfaction for the killer. 
    None. 
    Most of us know there is not a damn thing we can do to prevent the escape.

Maybe if it was during a preexisting chase, or something where the killer had a realistic chance of downing a survivor, I could see it. 
    But with current gate mechanics? And them waiting? Lol

Using rancor with Nurse, or spirit, teleporting in behind them, hitting the obsession, and mori? Sure.
    Maybe a lucky hatchet upside their nugget? Sure.
    I don't really do leatherface, or hillbilly, but hey, instadown chainsaw. Mild chance.
    Myers with the standing mori? Sure.
    But anyone with a half decent talent will know to run, aside from vs Nurse or spirit who can realistically surprise someone.

The ######### is legion realistically going to do? Or trapper? Or hag? Or doctor?

Escape is the entire point of the survivors experience. 
    The ritual of the chaseout means fuckall for the killer.
    So why don't they escape?

Post edited by Rebel_Raven on
  • Rebel_Raven

@Rebel_Raven said:

I think being able to escape through the hatch while downed is ridiculous. It should require the survivor to at least be standing to be able to jump through the hatch.

The hatch can be pretty annoying, but at least you can grab someone jumping in. 
    Not sure why people don't just do that most times.

The gate? Way safer. 
  • bloxe
    bloxe Member Posts: 81

@Rebel_Raven said:

I think being able to escape through the hatch while downed is ridiculous. It should require the survivor to at least be standing to be able to jump through the hatch.

The gate? Way safer. 
    Because theyre usually full health and they arent stupid to jump unless youre away or stunned (pallet or hit)
  • Rebel_Raven
    bloxe said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

The gate? Way safer. 
    Because theyre usually full health and they arent stupid to jump unless youre away or stunned (pallet or hit)
    You would be surprised at what some survivors do. The hatch grab is almost a myth at this point. 

They don't want a standoff. Heck, some killers and survivors don't know about it. 
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

This was an idea I suggested a while ago for this very problem:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23578/endgame-solution

In the meantime, just hit them until they leave.

• Dreamnomad

@Rebel_Raven said:

Because it is fun for them. It is effectively the survivors reward for beating the killer. All game long they can't really do anything to the killer other than run away. The killer is effectively immortal. Since the survivors can't actually kill the killer then what can they do? Well, they can do a little victory dance by the exit gates. That's what they can do.

Besides, it means more bloodpoints for everyone. The killer gets more hunter bloodpoints for finding the survivors and a few more brutal bloodpoints for hitting them and the survivors get escape, distraction, protection and chase bloodpoints. Sometimes, the hubris costs them too. I've killed many survivors in the exit gate who thought they were safe.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Don't understand why they don't implement the same mentality as the devs did to deter campers: If after a sufficient time frame has passed with both gates opened, let the survivors still on the map running around farming begin losing points in Evader and/or Lightbringer emblem points. For those that don't care much about ranking (as most on either side don't, being there's no use in ranking up), let camping killers without a survivor in close range and farming survivors toying around post-gates begin losing blood point totals overall gained throughout the match by a set percentage per time interval continued (like an anti-BBQ & Chili or anti-WGLF, same concept but reversed to divide instead of multiply)... bet that would put both situations at rest quick, fast, and in a hurry. Ranking nobody cares about... but BP? Yeah, boy.

• powerbats

@Rebel_Raven said:

A few hundred points, and a pointless chaseout? They may not even let you hit them, or will try and juke and 360, and crap?
    Really? Lol

You said there was no incentive I gave you 2 reasons now you're moving the goalposts so to speak. You want them out yet don't want to do what it takes to make them get out. Yet complain when you let them stand there dong what annoys you because you don't want to make them get out.

So because they might not let you hit them means you're just going to let them stand there so you can complain about it why ? For 360's they're very easy to counter and once you do they'll get out very quickly.

Yes because survivors want to get their rocks off every time perhaps it's been a good match and they just want to give you some extra points.

You're encouraging them to do it again and again by not forcing them out, disconnect well congrats you just rewarded them so they know to do it again. Refuse to enter the gate and chase them out well now they know to do it again if they're doing it to frustrate you.

Nope. Not worth giving it to them. At all. Unless the game was interesting,  I'd rather start up a youtube vid, or hit the forums. 
    Yeah, that's right, they need to earn it by making it a fun game for me. If they don't, fuckem. Can't be arsed.

So 1 act of childishness deserves another? How hard is it to man up and just go smack them out of the gate instead of wasting however long it takes for them to go out?

The biggest issue i

s how safe survivors are, their abuse of it, and the immense anticlimactic ending.

None. 

The satisfaction comes from smacking them out of the gate and if all 4 are there well you lost plain and simple. Be a man own it and move onto the next game. Also if they're super cocky you can actually hook them because they stay too close to the opening and not the exit.

Maybe if it was during a preexisting chase, or something where the killer had a realistic chance of downing a survivor, I could see it. 

So again chase them out and end the game, if I were the entity and you cowarered there not chasing them out or trying to hit them I'd take way your killer rights.

Using rancor with Nurse, or spirit, teleporting in behind them, hitting the obsession, and mori? Sure.

Any or all of the above, survivors you've already killed lessens their chances if they gt downed, NOED, DH, Myers, Billy, Bubba.

I don't really do leatherface, or hillbilly, but hey, instadown chainsaw. Mild chance.

Well for those that play them the chainsaw is a high chance of getting a down.

You said it yourself.

But anyone with a half decent talent will know to run, aside from vs Nurse or spirit who can realistically surprise someone.

Well they'll run and leave problem solved, if you're good with Billy/Bubba or have Myers they'll definitely leave.

The [BAD WORD] is legion realistically going to do? Or trapper? Or hag? Or doctor?

Oh I don't know they can smack them and make them leave, you know what killers can and do all the time.

Well yeah that's what they're supposed to do is escape not just stand by the nearest hook and say take me I'm yours.

Just as the killers is to sacrifice the survivors not say I'm just going to go admire the foliage while you do gens.

It means they leave the game and you get to move onto the next one, I don't see you complaining about when you down them or when you camp them.

Fort eh reasons said above, may'be they want to give you some extra bp, may'be it's to let you know you didn't gt them, may'be it's any reason. If they're doing it to be jerks well congrats you're feeding said jerks because you don't want to take the 5 seconds or so walking into the exit gate and whacking them.,

• Rebel_Raven

@Rebel_Raven said:

Because it is fun for them. It is effectively the survivors reward for beating the killer. All game long they can't really do anything to the killer other than run away. The killer is effectively immortal. Since the survivors can't actually kill the killer then what can they do? Well, they can do a little victory dance by the exit gates. That's what they can do.

Besides, it means more bloodpoints for everyone. The killer gets more hunter bloodpoints for finding the survivors and a few more brutal bloodpoints for hitting them and the survivors get escape, distraction, protection and chase bloodpoints. Sometimes, the hubris costs them too. I've killed many survivors in the exit gate who thought they were safe.

It wears thin, quick. 
    There's not enough bloodpoints in it to put up with it.

It's more than a victory dance at the gates, it's borderline absolute safety. The killer is basically rendered powerless outside of a handful of situations. 
    The act of futility in chasing them out is annoying.

Yeah, sometimes you are in a position to take one down, but i usually don't play killers with a strong ability to make them pay.

• powerbats

@Rebel_Raven said:

It wears thin, quick. 

Well perhaps they could give you more bp if you smack people inside the gates and to really make it interesting the survivors could lost points if all 4 are inside the gate when you start smacking them.

For instance if they all made it out and are just standing there teabagging you each person you smack loses 650 bloodpoints.You could also get reduced cooldowns on swings for each person you hit to make them want to leave even more.

That might be a bit op but the 2nd one would definitely make all 4 want to get out.

• Rebel_Raven
    powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Really? Lol

You said there was no incentive I gave you 2 reasons now you're moving the goalposts so to speak. You want them out yet don't want to do what it takes to make them get out. Yet complain when you let them stand there dong what annoys you because you don't want to make them get out.

So because they might not let you hit them means you're just going to let them stand there so you can complain about it why ? For 360's they're very easy to counter and once you do they'll get out very quickly.

Yes because survivors want to get their rocks off every time perhaps it's been a good match and they just want to give you some extra points.

You're encouraging them to do it again and again by not forcing them out, disconnect well congrats you just rewarded them so they know to do it again. Refuse to enter the gate and chase them out well now they know to do it again if they're doing it to frustrate you.

So 1 act of childishness deserves another? How hard is it to man up and just go smack them out of the gate instead of wasting however long it takes for them to go out?

The biggest issue i

s how safe survivors are, their abuse of it, and the immense anticlimactic ending.

None. 

The satisfaction comes from smacking them out of the gate and if all 4 are there well you lost plain and simple. Be a man own it and move onto the next game. Also if they're super cocky you can actually hook them because they stay too close to the opening and not the exit.

So again chase them out and end the game, if I were the entity and you cowarered there not chasing them out or trying to hit them I'd take way your killer rights.

Any or all of the above, survivors you've already killed lessens their chances if they gt downed, NOED, DH, Myers, Billy, Bubba.

Well for those that play them the chainsaw is a high chance of getting a down.

You said it yourself.

Well they'll run and leave problem solved, if you're good with Billy/Bubba or have Myers they'll definitely leave.

The [BAD WORD] is legion realistically going to do? Or trapper? Or hag? Or doctor?

Oh I don't know they can smack them and make them leave, you know what killers can and do all the time.

Well yeah that's what they're supposed to do is escape not just stand by the nearest hook and say take me I'm yours.

Just as the killers is to sacrifice the survivors not say I'm just going to go admire the foliage while you do gens.

It means they leave the game and you get to move onto the next one, I don't see you complaining about when you down them or when you camp them.

Fort eh reasons said above, may'be they want to give you some extra bp, may'be it's to let you know you didn't gt them, may'be it's any reason. If they're doing it to be jerks well congrats you're feeding said jerks because you don't want to take the 5 seconds or so walking into the exit gate and whacking them.,

Come on. The points are obvious. I didn't move the goal posts because I knew the points are there, and obviously didn't put any value on them. 

Yep, I'm going to complain, AND not give them what they want. Infact it's more punishment because they're wasting time not getting more BP. 
    Me? I'm willing to take that hit to my BP since the 

They will annoy me regardless. They will wait if I am obviously letting them go, they will wait if I have to walk across the map, they will wait if I go chill in the dungeon. 
    Short of maybe NOED they're going to prolong the game. 
    Hell, not even exposed status is enough. They will at least wait until I am a threat, or get surprised.
    All because of how absurdly safe they are.

Like I said, the points aren't enough for me. I'm not that thirsty for blood points. If they are, that's on them. I'm not interested in rewarding them for annoying me.

No encouragement from giving them what they want, no encouragement from not giving them what they want. 
    Well, if I'm damned either way, then it will be on my terms.

As towards maturity? Yep, they get what they give. See, there's no point in being mature about it. No one cares. 
    Hell, you're defending the immaturity of survivors! Immaturity for everyone!

How hard is it to smack them out? Harder than it is for them to just leave. Especially if they are waiting. Means more travel time for the killer. 

There's zero satisfaction in an act of futility. None. Which leads us to this problem, at least in part. 
    Smacking them out is more useless than struggling in the killers grasp.
    Smacking them out tells them that the tactic works, so they keep doing it because of standard results so it's actually making things worse.

Well, it's a good thing you're not the entity since you missed the point of the trials.
    Who's "cowering" anyhow? There's no bravery in smacking out survivors and there is none in them waiting in the gate room.
    Save your jabs at bravado. It's bad humor to think there is any in this situation. 

Not trying to be mean about it, but if you're going to slice up a person's post, read ahead of the slices.
    You missed the point of me going over some of the few situations where a killer might not be impotent in the gate room, or near it which is smacking out survivors for a few points to make them leave, and ultimately give them what they want. It is not a desired outcome of a trial for some, hence topics like these. 

And the goal of survivors is to eacape. Instead they prolong the trial. What you said about hooks and foliage means zilch.
    A killer's job isn't to chase out survivors when they can't do anything to stop them. There is no killing to be done in the situation outside of what amounts to specialty builds that people don't always want to run all the time.

I don't see survivors complain when they pop gens. 
    I actually do sorta complain about camping. See, I only really camp in 3 scenarios. 
    1: end game. 1 or no gens left. It's a bitter boring struggle, but it's the killer's job to sacrifice. Letting them go goes against all logic. I hate resorting to it.
    2: some toxic person gets too damn annoying. I don't like doing it, but letting them live will probably end the game even faster.
    3: sort of relates to 2, some survivor deciding it will be fun to run to the corner of a map away from hooks I can carry them to, so I have to slug them. That's annoying as hell that I don't have the hooks near by.
    Outside of those 3 scenarios none are numerous enough, or memorable enough to warrant mentioning.
    Unless you count patrol camping as the camping you're talking about, or going back to the hook because they rescued just outside of terror radius. Camping definitions tend to vary.

Regardless of their motives, chasing them out feeds them. ######### it. It's not wprtg the effort. 
    Even if not chasing them out feeds them, it's far more worth it to spite them, and do it on my terms.
  • Rebel_Raven
    powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

It wears thin, quick. 

Well perhaps they could give you more bp if you smack people inside the gates and to really make it interesting the survivors could lost points if all 4 are inside the gate when you start smacking them.

For instance if they all made it out and are just standing there teabagging you each person you smack loses 650 bloodpoints.You could also get reduced cooldowns on swings for each person you hit to make them want to leave even more.

That might be a bit op but the 2nd one would definitely make all 4 want to get out.

Hey, bonus exit smack points to make it worth it sounds great. Give some to the survivors, too. 
    But as it stands, what points we get isn't worth it to me. It doesn't impact the grind one way or another.

Punishment for all 4 in there is way too situational, and they will wait until you get there to do anything anyhow.
    And yeah, it is a bit harsh. 
    Not looking to punish them so much as encourage them to leave regardless if I'm there or not. 
    I'm a killer, not a monster. Haha

It's not a matter of all 4, 3, 2, or even 1, it's that no matter how many are left, they do this.
    Doesn't even really matter how you play, they want the chase out, and there's not enough reason, currently to cave into the demands of the survivors. 
  • powerbats

Well if all remaining survivors are inside the exit gate then the opening closes and the game ends. That way if there's only 3 or 2 or even 1 it automatically ends the game.

That takes out the situational aspect of it so that there is nothing to figure out it's pretty cut and dried. Where it gets tricky is always with 1 person getting chased or an unhook attempt.

• Rebel_Raven
    powerbats said:

Well if all remaining survivors are inside the exit gate then the opening closes and the game ends. That way if there's only 3 or 2 or even 1 it automatically ends the game.

That takes out the situational aspect of it so that there is nothing to figure out it's pretty cut and dried. Where it gets tricky is always with 1 person getting chased or an unhook attempt.

I have zero problems with survivors staying behind for altruistic reasons. Saving someone, making sure the others make it. 
    Not so much waiting on someone looking for, or waiting at the hatch since it doesn't really work that way unless there's chat happening. 

With your idea, the survivors will just wait outside the gate for the killer. Nothing changes, except there is no more gate room. 

I feel like the easier solution would be a concede button for the killer.
    If the killer uses it, it basically makes everyone still alive eacape, and the game ends as it normally would. Points get distributed normally. 
    Even if there are one or more survivors on the hook, and still in the first 2 phases, they escape so killers don't try and sneak in sacrifices on people who would otherwise be able to be rescued.

Could add one for survivors, but it would have to be different. It can't be an escape button, imo. It needs to be more like a cyanide pill to prevent abuse.
    As much as I feel for a survivor trying to get things done, if for some reason they did not get enoigh gens done to escape, or they are too lazy to find the hatch, they shouldn't really get another option to eacape.
    It's happened enough to me where I try to gen jockey, and the killer pressures the map enough on the other 3 to outright prevent a hatch play, or catches me before I can get to the hatch.
    One more memorable match, I was working on a gen, and I heard once scream. Then another.  Then another. Somehow a Billy took down the other 3 in less than a minute across the map.
    The rest of the match was me scrambling to get gens done under the pressure, the claudettes trying to heal eachother, and the killer applying pressure really well, apparently. 
    Total disaster for the survivors. 
  • Lodosslight
    Lodosslight Member Posts: 65

When I play as a Survivor, I focus on Escaping and if someone gets caught, I'll try to save that person and Escape, therefore I'll hope helping the Survivor escape does not go to waste as I end the session for myself. Also, I do not play with the Killer ,since they're the "Killer" and it is just plain foolish to joke around with the Player. Above all, I appreciate everyone here reading my aggravated problem that I encounter as a Killer.

• Lodosslight

@Dreamnomad said:
    This was an idea I suggested a while ago for this very problem:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23578/endgame-solution

In the meantime, just hit them until they leave.

Understood, I am glad that I am not the only one that has encountered this issue (I promise, I am not bringing you down with me) and I appreciate your link! I'll read it! :)

• powerbats

@Rebel_Raven sometimes the situation you described does require a concede button and others it's people waiting to make sure that last person gets out.

• Rebel_Raven
    powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven sometimes the situation you described does require a concede button and others it's people waiting to make sure that last person gets out.

Oh, definitely.
    But it's generally obvious which is which outside of people not knowing where the doof looking for the hatch is.

If someone is hooked, I'm guarding them, and they have the icon.

If no one is hooked, they're all basically at the gate by the time I am, and they're sitting there, waiting.
    Maybe I chased the last one to the point they're beyond my ability to down them. 
    If it was interesting enough, I'll chase them out. 

There's basically no middle ground between the scenarios. 
    Either it's blatantly obvious everyone is there, or there's a need for altruism. 

Maybe I am missing some common scenarios where it would be murky where someone is, and people feel there might be a need for altruism? 
  • Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 221

"All remaining survivors are inside the exit zones. Press X to end the match."

• Seiji
    Seiji Member Posts: 5

@Dreamnomad said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Because it is so great to walk from exit gate to exit gate to shoo out the survivors. Yes, healing eahc other for selfless category I'm fien with that. But there is no sense in teabagging right outside the exit area. The surviror get away with so many failures, while the killer gets punished for every wrong move. So no. You do not get to do more teabagging than already. And the bloodpoints are not enough for making up the time you have to spend shooing them away.

• Dreamnomad

@Seiji said:
    The surviror get away with so many failures, while the killer gets punished for every wrong move.

This statement couldn't possibly be more false. The survivors are the ones that get horribly punished for making a wrong move. What happens when the killer misses an attack? Answer: Best case scenario, attacks again 2 seconds later. Worst case scenario (after many mistakes), survivors escape yet killer still gains lots of bloodpoints and is never in any danger of being killed. How is that being punished for making a wrong move?

What happens when a survivor misjudges the distance that the killer can lunge attack by a centimeter? Answer: Best case scenario they have to evade the killer while bleeding and making lots of noise and then spend a bunch of time healing up. Worst case scenario they wind up on a hook getting face camped with almost no chance of escape. Survivors can wind up dead earning less than 1,000 bloodpoints. That is a pretty extreme form of punishment and risk. So explain to me again how the killer gets so heavily punished for every single mistake while survivors get away with everything. I could use a good laugh.

• Lodosslight

Here is a video link of proof of what I am making a complaint about and I am placing the Link on this comment.
    https://youtu.be/ZuMV_1LqdVk