The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you consider walking backwards as Legion an exploit?

13»

Comments

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    IW is good against all killers, and its not like lightweight is useless on certain killers either.

By your logic I guess enduring isnt a counter because I dont know if im going up against survivors with decisive strike.

I like how before it was "a counter is a counter" and now its not. Stop moving the goalposts.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@The_Crusader said:
    IW is good against all killers, and its not like lightweight is useless on certain killers either.

By your logic I guess enduring isnt a counter because I dont know if im going up against survivors with decisive strike.

I like how before it was "a counter is a counter" and now its not. Stop moving the goalposts.

Again with the deflections, show me where I said a counter wasn't a counter again? I even pointed out counters for you and now you're trying the classic Straw Mans.

You've been shown counters and now it's back to the logical fallacies to point blame at someone else because you refuse to admit you were wrong.

i said you don't know who your going up against as a survivor which means your claims are illogical because those counters you're saying are directed at Legion. Now you say well IW is good against all counters where before it was a Legion specific counter.

Then Lightweight which you listed as a specific counter to Legions Moonwalk is suddenly not useless towards other killers that don't have his exploit. So now who's moving the goalposts because they keep getting their arguments countered.

Ah yes the well I guess this perk is worthless attempt Straw Man, you made a bad argument and got proven wrong. So now you're just going to Ad Argumentum yourself endlessly to deflect from being proven wrong and then deflect attention away onto me and anyone else like you did with @thesuicidefox and others.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited December 2018

@Mc_Harty said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

please post where they stated this exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AauEJmetASo

50:37

McLean "We are aware of players that figured out how to follow players without triggering chase."

Cote "We've seen that. Obviously if that becomes... you know, it's always weird because then you'll go, 'oh, that was not the idea' and if this becomes the one way to really make the... then we're gonna make changes to make sure you're not gonna moonwalk towards people to make this work"

McLean "Because we do like when people figure out cool ways to do things we didn't think about. But if it becomes the only way-"

Cote "-Then its kinda dumb."

This is proof the Devs just read the forums, and don't actually play their own game with any degree of skill.

You can keep a chase going by staying within range of the killer. Even if they look away. Even if they are moonwalking with their eyes closed and humming the theme to A team..

The answer to the problem is for the survivor to stop playing scared, think about their actions, and how to prolong the chase., and run with a plan.

But I bet instead of putting the Onus for escaping the killer on the survivor, they break the chase mechanic even more.

Edit: Upon a bit more thought. I feel like they are about to Freddyfy The Legion.

What I mean is, his ability isn't really a problem in high skill games. People know how to deal with it. The chase isn't even that different as High skill survivors tend to keep the killer within the chase distance threshold. Just because that's how you pallet face them.

But you have a lot of lower skilled players crying something is broken, or unfair, or to hard to play against. So they will change it, to cater to the people that don't know how to use the mechanics of the game.

• The_Crusader

@powerbats said:

@The_Crusader said:

Again with the deflections, show me where I said a counter wasn't a counter again? I even pointed out counters for you and now you're trying the classic Straw Mans.

You've been shown counters and now it's back to the logical fallacies to point blame at someone else because you refuse to admit you were wrong.

i said you don't know who your going up against as a survivor which means your claims are illogical because those counters you're saying are directed at Legion. Now you say well IW is good against all counters where before it was a Legion specific counter.

Then Lightweight which you listed as a specific counter to Legions Moonwalk is suddenly not useless towards other killers that don't have his exploit. So now who's moving the goalposts because they keep getting their arguments countered.

Ah yes the well I guess this perk is worthless attempt Straw Man, you made a bad argument and got proven wrong. So now you're just going to Ad Argumentum yourself endlessly to deflect from being proven wrong and then deflect attention away onto me and anyone else like you did with @thesuicidefox and others.

me with the straw mans? haha ok buddy. Surely you would never do that.

You've got some real double standards going on here. You throw out all these excuses for DS, then when I do the same for Legion suddenly it doesn't count and the goalposts are moved.

Umm if a counter is a counter against MANY things rather than one thing or person then that goes in its favour. I.e Iron will is good because it works well against all killers, including Legions trying to track. Calm spirit however is an inferior perk because it's only really good against the doctor.

All you do is come in and tell people they're wrong as if you're the supreme authority here and then start throwing out straw mans, double standards and hypocrisy. It's like you're trying to put across this pretentious persona but it just ain't working bud.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@The_Crusader said:

You've got some real double standards going on here. You throw out all these excuses for DS, then when I do the same for Legion suddenly it doesn't count and the goalposts are moved.

Umm if a counter is a counter against MANY things rather than one thing or person then that goes in its favour. I.e Iron will is good because it works well against all killers, including Legions trying to track. Calm spirit however is an inferior perk because it's only really good against the doctor.

All you do is come in and tell people they're wrong as if you're the supreme authority here and then start throwing out straw mans, double standards and hypocrisy. It's like you're trying to put across this pretentious persona but it just ain't working bud.

Ok let's put this to rest once and for all, the discussion was about countering Legions moonwalk, you were given counters. Then you changed it to well these perks and addons cottner Legion and you were shown the fallacy of that argument because you don't know you're facing Legion.

Then you changed it to well these perks are good against most killers, and then now you go right back to the straw Mans and Ad Hominems to distract from the very obvious fact you not only got countered but kept changing your argument to try and deflect attention away from the fact you were wrong.

Then you finish with the Ad Hominems and pseudo intellectual nonsense to distract from your changing narrative. The only thing not working here is your continuing to move the goalpost and try and insult me to distract from you losing a debate.

Also wasn't it you that in another thread complained about this forum having a killer bias and in another thread complained about killers but now you're a killer complaining about a survivor perk.

Lastly it's become obvious you have no real argument anymore since several people have shown you about counters and how they work. You just keep changing the argument and flinging insults to distract so I'm going to stop replying to you.

• The_Crusader

@powerbats said:

@The_Crusader said:

Ok let's put this to rest once and for all, the discussion was about countering Legions moonwalk, you were given counters. Then you changed it to well these perks and addons cottner Legion and you were shown the fallacy of that argument because you don't know you're facing Legion.

Then you changed it to well these perks are good against most killers, and then now you go right back to the straw Mans and Ad Hominems to distract from the very obvious fact you not only got countered but kept changing your argument to try and deflect attention away from the fact you were wrong.

Then you finish with the Ad Hominems and pseudo intellectual nonsense to distract from your changing narrative. The only thing not working here is your continuing to move the goalpost and try and insult me to distract from you losing a debate.

Also wasn't it you that in another thread complained about this forum having a killer bias and in another thread complained about killers but now you're a killer complaining about a survivor perk.

Lastly it's become obvious you have no real argument anymore since several people have shown you about counters and how they work. You just keep changing the argument and flinging insults to distract so I'm going to stop replying to you.

I disagreed with their counters the way they disagreed with mine. Nothing wrong with people having a different opinion.

I do believe you're the one putting out the pseudo intellectual nonsense, but whatever. I can't be bothered any more.

and yes I complained about killer stuff....and I complain about survivor stuff. Imagine that, someone who plays both sides and wants both sides to feel fun and balanced. There are some people who when they post clearly only care about making changes to one side. I'm not implying anyone specific there for the record, just speaking generally.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

The thing about moonwalk with Legion is that it's the most efficient way to play them, nerf it and they will be even worse, to the point that Freddy looks like a top tier killer.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Sure it is, in a way, but it is literally the only way to play Legion if you want to down Survivors who aren't potatoes.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    This thread has gotten way beyond ridiculous. Those who are for this, please tell me how this is any different than a pig moonwalk chasing a survivor with a trap on their head?  This gameplay has been in the game for a year, and I don’t see anyone complaining about it.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Unnamed_Freak said:
    The thing about moonwalk with Legion is that it's the most efficient way to play them, nerf it and they will be even worse, to the point that Freddy looks like a top tier killer.

yep we need broken mechanics to make the legion more balanced

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Does it matter if theres no counter play? Theres none to DS and no dribbling doesn't count because its very situational and survivors will often run to areas with no hooks to trigger it.

I'm tired of these double standards on the survivor side.
    @The_Crusader
    DS is a game feature, thus DS is not an exploit.
    Moonwalking as legion is an exploit because was never intended and there are no counters for it.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited December 2018
    Yes. Even though the killer isn't viable by any means, cheesing a way to victory just feels cheap imo so I refuse to do it.
  • wladimiiir
    wladimiiir Member Posts: 142
    I play The Legion for fun and moonwalking is boring and silly, so I never do it. I would rather chase them for another minute as it's much more satisfying.
  • ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    Kaelum said:
    This thread has gotten way beyond ridiculous. Those who are for this, please tell me how this is any different than a pig moonwalk chasing a survivor with a trap on their head?  This gameplay has been in the game for a year, and I don’t see anyone complaining about it.
    Its no different, except a trap going off takes several minutes during which the survivor has many opportunities to make the Pig mess up and initiate chase again, all while giving survivors time to do easily 3, maybe 4 generators.

Only takes a few seconds with Legion. Theres no counterplay to either, but you essentially throw the game doing it as Pig. That being said, the survivor in both scenarios are having an equally stupid time not really even getting a chance to play.
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@ScottJund said:
    Kaelum said:

Its no different, except a trap going off takes several minutes during which the survivor has many opportunities to make the Pig mess up and initiate chase again, all while giving survivors time to do easily 3, maybe 4 generators.

Only takes a few seconds with Legion. Theres no counterplay to either, but you essentially throw the game doing it as Pig. That being said, the survivor in both scenarios are having an equally stupid time not really even getting a chance to play.

It's also easier to loop and lose Amanda when she's crouching.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

This thing has gone on for 4 pages now to the point to where Scottjund himself had to comment on it, This just shows how serious of an issue this is for the game. If you do this as a killer, you're not good at chasing and you never will be, If you have never done this, then you are on your way to being a good killer, because the only way you'll ever be good is through practice and persistence.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    I don't find it to be an exploit, just a way to play. An exploit would mean someone was taking something that was flat out never intended, like getting on top of the killer shack. Moonwalking while tracking a survivor isn't what I would call an exploit, it's just generally douchy. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    This thing has gone on for 4 pages now to the point to where Scottjund himself had to comment on it, This just shows how serious of an issue this is for the game. If you do this as a killer, you're not good at chasing and you never will be, If you have never done this, then you are on your way to being a good killer, because the only way you'll ever be good is through practice and persistence.

Who the hell is Scottjund?

@FoggyDownpour said:
    I don't find it to be an exploit, just a way to play. An exploit would mean someone was taking something that was flat out never intended, like getting on top of the killer shack. Moonwalking while tracking a survivor isn't what I would call an exploit, it's just generally douchy. 

You think it's intended for chases to avoid triggering the actual chase conditions?

• FoggyDownpour
    @Orion
    No, but it definately isn't an exploit to walk backwards or generally not look at your target. I don't agree with people doing it, but I don't think they are exploiting anything.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@FoggyDownpour said:
    @Orion
    No, but it definately isn't an exploit to walk backwards or generally not look at your target. I don't agree with people doing it, but I don't think they are exploiting anything.

I do not consider vaulting windows to be an exploit but using infinites were an exploit in my opinion. Was it bannable? Nope but the devs had to correct it.

I think this 'method' is the same thing. I can't blame killers using it but it was not intended therefor it must be corrected.

• Orion

@FoggyDownpour said:
    @Orion

Hang on, let's follow your train of thought here.
    1. An exploit is taking advantage of something that was never intended.
    2. It was never intended for Killers to be able to chase Survivors without triggering the chase conditions.
    3. Therefore, it's not an exploit for Killers to be able to chase Survivors without triggering the chase conditions.

I think there's a problem with your logic somewhere.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

if its okay for pig, i dont think it should be considered an "exploid" for legion.

like, legion is weak enough, plus it takes him ages to get someone that way, so id think its fine...

• Vietfox

@Mister_xD said:
    if its okay for pig, i dont think it should be considered an "exploid" for legion.

like, legion is weak enough, plus it takes him ages to get someone that way, so id think its fine...

Doesn't matter how weak or strong is a killer, exploits are exploits, and they shouldn't be allowed depending on their needs. If something needs to be buffed it will be done in a proper way, not by allowing the use of exploits.
    And yes, i think something should be done with the pig as well.

• The_Crusader
    Vietfox said:
    Does it matter if theres no counter play? Theres none to DS and no dribbling doesn't count because its very situational and survivors will often run to areas with no hooks to trigger it.

@The_Crusader
    Moonwalking as legion is an exploit because was never intended and there are no counters for it.
    I'm pretty sure the whole game wasn't intended to be based around loops, but it is, survivors do it a lot, and for some killers there's very little counterplay other than to get looped.

Oh well .Maybe moonwalking can become the design norm for killers going forward.

Plus there are things like bodyblocking etc I like when survivors create something irs fine but when killers do it there are non-stop tears about it.
  • FoggyDownpour
    @Orion said:

Hang on, let's follow your train of thought here.
    1. An exploit is taking advantage of something that was never intended.
    2. It was never intended for Killers to be able to chase Survivors without triggering the chase conditions.
    3. Therefore, it's not an exploit for Killers to be able to chase Survivors without triggering the chase conditions.

I think there's a problem with your logic somewhere.

I think the grey area is that the devs never said "you can't chase a survivor without being in a chase", but they gave the Legion a mechanic that discourages you from following the survivor with deep wound. Their power doesn't say "don't follow them", it just says that the timer won't go down if you engage in a chase. For me is on a very similar level as tunneling. Not fun, kinda scummy, but not an exploit.
  • Vietfox

@The_Crusader said:
    Vietfox said:

The_Crusader said:

@The_Crusader

I'm pretty sure the whole game wasn't intended to be based around loops, but it is, survivors do it a lot, and for some killers there's very little counterplay other than to get looped.

Oh well .Maybe moonwalking can become the design norm for killers going forward.

Plus there are things like bodyblocking etc I like when survivors create something irs fine but when killers do it there are non-stop tears about it.

That doesn't justify the use of an exploit.
    Bodyblocking survivors at the stairs to secure the kill is fine no mather how many survivors cry about it, that's why devs didn't change it and it's still possible.
    Infinite loops weren't intended and that's why they fixed them.
    Can you see it now?

• Orion

@FoggyDownpour said:
    I think the grey area is that the devs never said "you can't chase a survivor without being in a chase", but they gave the Legion a mechanic that discourages you from following the survivor with deep wound. Their power doesn't say "don't follow them", it just says that the timer won't go down if you engage in a chase. For me is on a very similar level as tunneling. Not fun, kinda scummy, but not an exploit.

I think the devs don't have to say it. Mechanically, it makes no sense. It'd be like Survivors being able to vault despite the Entity blocker, or Killers able to kill Survivors even after they've escaped.

• FoggyDownpour
    Orion said:

I think the devs don't have to say it. Mechanically, it makes no sense. It'd be like Survivors being able to vault despite the Entity blocker, or Killers able to kill Survivors even after they've escaped.

I agree! It definately needs to be fixed and it's frustrating to play against
  • Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited December 2018

I can wait for the dev to take the lazy option like usual and make chase based on terror radius to fix it, then everyone will screech because it will buff bloodlust in the progress because they didn't think about it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

If you don't know what i mean, there is something with Legion where if you walk backwards or look away, you break the chase with the survivor and can track them while their mend timer goes down, this will force the survivor to either be forced to go down or let the killer hit them. Some people call this an exploit, others say otherwise. Quite frankly i would like to see a debate in the forums do you think it's an exploit and should be addressed by the devs? Or do you think it's an effective use of the killer and should be left alone.

Why would this be an exploit? This is how chase detection has worked for ages now, its intended and not a bug/exploit

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Vietfox said:
    The_Crusader said:

@The_Crusader

so since you claiming moonwalking is an exploit because it was unintended then you also admit pallet looping, gentapping and dribbling are exploits since they also are not intended?

I mean the literal counter to moonwalking is simply not running in a straight line...the killer is not even looking at you so how can you not lose them?

• AlexAnarchy

@Orion said:

Who the hell is Scottjund?

@FoggyDownpour said:

You think it's intended for chases to avoid triggering the actual chase conditions?

Scottjund is a streamer that for some reason detective thinks is the ultimate voice on what is wrong to do in dbd and what is'nt, even higher than the devs apperantly.

• AlexAnarchy

@Master said:

If you don't know what i mean, there is something with Legion where if you walk backwards or look away, you break the chase with the survivor and can track them while their mend timer goes down, this will force the survivor to either be forced to go down or let the killer hit them. Some people call this an exploit, others say otherwise. Quite frankly i would like to see a debate in the forums do you think it's an exploit and should be addressed by the devs? Or do you think it's an effective use of the killer and should be left alone.

Why would this be an exploit? This is how chase detection has worked for ages now, its intended and not a bug/exploit

Because detective and scottjund say it is so apperantly and they are the rule makers of the game now, not the devs it seems.

• AlexAnarchy

@Dragonredking said:
    I can wait for the dev to take the lazy option like usual and make chase based on terror radius to fix it, then everyone will screech because it will buff bloodlust in the progress because they didn't think about it.

Legions will just use insidious at that point.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited December 2018

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Master said:

Because detective and scottjund say it is so apperantly and they are the rule makers of the game now, not the devs it seems.

You'll especially notice this well by the fact this is the only thread about this apperantly huge issue.

• Vietfox

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:
    The_Crusader said:

@The_Crusader

so since you claiming moonwalking is an exploit because it was unintended then you also admit pallet looping, gentapping and dribbling are exploits since they also are not intended?

I mean the literal counter to moonwalking is simply not running in a straight line...the killer is not even looking at you so how can you not lose them?

I wouldn't call pallet looping an exploit, neither dibbling since gives more chances to survivors to perform flashlights saves.
    Yeah, i think gentapping is an exploit.

Killer just needs to follow the bloodtrail while moonwalking, doesn't even need scratchmarks.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited December 2018

@Vietfox said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:
    The_Crusader said:

@The_Crusader

I wouldn't call pallet looping an exploit, neither dibbling since gives more chances to survivors to perform flashlights saves.

Killer just needs to follow the bloodtrail while moonwalking, doesn't even need scratchmarks.

Then explain how do the devs will fix a killer stopping chase?

If they put it on his TR then survivors can abuse his TR or legion can just use insidious, the worst part about this issue is there really is no fixing it unless the devs do exactly what they already said they would, which is make it legion won't have to moonwalk for downs, which simply means, more buffs to legion.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@AlexAnarchy said:

If they put it on his TR then survivors can abuse his TR or legion can just use insidious, the worst part about this issue is there really is no fixing it unless the devs do exactly what they already said they would, which is make it legion won't have to moonwalk for downs, which simply means, more buffs to legion.

Or a ######### rework.

• AlexAnarchy

@Mc_Harty said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

Or a [BAD WORD] rework.

Yeah, there's an option as well~

• Vietfox

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:
    The_Crusader said:

@The_Crusader

I'm not here to tell anyone how to fix it, we are here talking about exploits. If you want to know how they will fix it go ask the devs, not me.
    Devs have said already that it wasn't intended and if it becomes something common they'll be forced to fix it, meaning that moonwalking as Legion IS an exploit that devs don't want around.

• AlexAnarchy
    edited December 2018

@Vietfox said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:
    The_Crusader said:

@The_Crusader

I'm not here to tell anyone how to fix it, we are here talking about exploits. If you want to know how they will fix it go ask the devs, not me.
    Devs have said already that it wasn't intended and if it becomes something common they'll be forced to fix it, meaning that moonwalking as Legion IS an exploit that devs don't want around.

they never said they would be forced to fix it, they said they would have to make changes so he does'nt have to do that, once again how are the devs going to somehow fix a killer stopping chase? They ca'nt, should be simple knowledge at this point that they ca'nt fix this kind of issue and also gonna state again, if your stating moonwalking is an exploit cuz it is unintended then you must also admit pallet looping, gentapping and dribbling are exploits as well cuz they too are unintended.

Don't get where this logic keeps coming from that one thing unintended is an exploit but other unintended things are not exploits, must be something only survivor mains understand I guess...normally we call this being a hypocrite.

Too admit though, we should see less of it when the new legion buffs go through like franks mixtape being base. Though not really a great buff cuz it just makes legion another chase killer : (

• Vietfox

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Vietfox said:
    The_Crusader said:

@The_Crusader

they never said they would be forced to fix it, they said they would have to make changes so he does'nt have to do that, once again how are the devs going to somehow fix a killer stopping chase? They ca'nt, should be simple knowledge at this point that they ca'nt fix this kind of issue and also gonna state again, if your stating moonwalking is an exploit cuz it is unintended then you must also admit pallet looping, gentapping and dribbling are exploits as well cuz they too are unintended.

"they never said they would be forced to fix it, they said they would have to make changes" Dude, both things are the same with different words.
    "once again how are the devs going to somehow fix a killer stopping chase?" I already answered to this.
    "if your stating moonwalking is an exploit cuz it is unintended" I said "unintended and with no counters", moonwalking has no counters, dribbling does because survivors can be saved by flashlights or simply not get downed close to a hook, that's why i said i wouldn't call dribbling an exploit. But i already said that, didn't I?

Now please, stop looping yourself. I wouldn't like to repeat myself, again. Thanks.

• Vietfox

@AlexAnarchy said:
    Don't get where this logic keeps coming from that one thing unintended is an exploit but other unintended things are not exploits, must be something only survivor mains understand I guess...normally we call this being a hypocrite.

Then explain why i'm not calling dribbling an exploit.

• AlexAnarchy

@Thaznar said:
    Making DW bar not to progress in the TR is also a bad idea because it will just create Insidious meta which also can be used to cheese the mechanic. It should be distance based or just reworked somehow. I am not a fan of this Deep Wound idea, also not a fan of this new killer, because he is trash tier, yet annoying to play as and up against.

They could always simply make Deep wounds have some form of actual pressure too it by it not holding the survivors hands at 99% , just make it take a bit longer to compensate so if the legion keeps the chase, they waste even more precious time, but this will at least make Legion have actual pressure.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Mc_Harty said:

@Dreamnomad said:

The reason they said that isn't because moonwalking survivors is some sort of exploit. They said that because they don't feel like that should be the optimal way to play the killer. Which means they recognize that there is a somewhat fundamental flaw in the killers design if playing them backwards is optimal.

1. It's only an exploit on Legion. Every other killer is fine.
    2. They clearly stated that they'll change things if the moonwalking is the only thing that'll work with Legion
    3. The developers clearly stated that it was not an intended mechanic.
    4. It goes completely against the whole concept of using the hit and run play-style the legion has.

It's still an exploit.

At this point I'm pretty sure DBD calls them all Features.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

There are the rules. Pretty much everything that anyone has said is an exploit, is specifically listed as normal gameplay. You can either learn the rules and understand them, or continue to wear blinders. Those who wear blinders will have unintended bad experiences due to their refusal to play the game as designed.

FYI, there is a difference between unintended, and unexpected. Unexpected, covers many game features that people are falsely labeling as exploits. If you have a problem with unexpected gameplay, then label it as such. Calling it an exploit will not get you anywhere.