Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Remove the DC penalty

Brattychick
Brattychick Member Posts: 4
edited March 2023 in Bug Reporting

Again, was playing survivor just fine when I crashed for no reason. And yet again, I am now hit with another penalty timer. I was running to unhook a survivor, and then I crashed. Nothing else in my home is crashing but this game. I have tried validating my files, I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Remove the penalty for Dcing because not everyone who is DCing is doing it because they want to. This is also a bug because if I were in a SWF then I could just call out what the killer is running and their add ons.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 422

They should be making the penalty more severe. The penalty isn't harsh enough to prevent people from quitting the moment a game isn't going their way. If you can't legitimately stay connected, you're still ruining the game for other people. Stop trying until you figure out your issue.

• Brattychick
    Brattychick Member Posts: 4

Unfortunately this is not a "my" issue. As I've stated above; I've gone and verified, uninstalled, as well as done a clean install. I play other games that require me to have online access and none of them ever drop me or kick me out. This is a Dead By Daylight issue. This wasn't a problem for me until a couple of patches ago. I've also made another post where people are commenting on also having the same issues on different platforms. The penalty shouldn't be a thing. It prevents no one from rage quitting anyways. People still go and rage quit the game or better yet, just die on hook or go and ruin the rest of the game for everyone when they get rescued. (IE: dropping all the pallets on a map, showing the killer where team mates are ect)

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

It most certainly makes a difference. If people are faced with a penalty, they are less likely to casually quit every time they don't like something in the match. The penalty absolutely should be a thing, since it negatively affects the gameplay of the rest of the people in the match. Implying that people quitting games are the same people that do those other bad actions is disingenuous.

For all anyone knows, you are deliberately DC'ing and wanting to not be penalized for it. Also, the point you made about if you were in a SWF you could report on the killers build, actually work against your argument. That is even more of a reason to have a penalty in place.

What you should be doing, if you are legitimately losing your connection, is to try and troubleshoot the problem. Saying that this is the only game that has this problem is not good enough. If it was the game, itself, everyone would be having the same problem, so the problem lies with your setup.