If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New Killer Idea: The Miner

Options

I was thinking the other day about some kind of Miner, so here it is (originally a siren, but it would be really hard to make in the current game state).

Visually it'd be a miner with a pickaxe, a gas mask, and an old hard hat. All dirty as if working on a coal mine.

The power would be to be able to dig traps so, if survivors pass over them, they fall into a hole and get trapped. Unlike trapper, however, the survivors can't get out by themselves, and while trapped they are considered to be downed and are basically bleeding out. If they get rescued, they are healed 1 state (basically they get as if theyw ere hit only once). To counter the ability, the trap would be noticeable enough for a survivor to avoid it, but big enough that it would require a detour to avoid. Also, to set it it would make an explosion sound (say it's "digged" by dynamite) so survivors can know where they are, and can only be placed once in the same spot. Survivors can also try to trigger the trap by making it collapse in itself, but it requires 2 survivors to do so and it would also make a loud noise to alert the killer.

As for M1, just a hit with the pickaxe.

However, now that I can get it into words, I don't really know how it would work in maps with 2 levels such as Midwich, RCPD, or the SAW map... 

As a miner, thematically the Perks could be:

-Dedicated Worker: Your job was always to carry heavy weight, no matter your condition. While carrying a survivor, you don't drop them and can't get stunned. Your walking speed while carrying a survivor 18/12/6% slower.

-Day in, Day out: Tireless, relentless, hardworking. You value those who work and despise those who don't. After hooking a survivor, each survivor who is not repairing a generator gets the exposed status effect for 30/35/40 seconds and you can see their auras for 5 seconds.

-Brute Force: Endless hours of work developed a great strenght to damage structures. Each time you break a pallet, a breakable wall, snuff a totem, or damage a generator, gain a token. Increases the action speed of breaking pallets and breakable walls, snuffing totems, and damaging generators by 8/16/24% for each token. Damaging a survivor results in losing all tokens.

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

There is a slasher movie called My Bloody Valentine which stars a mad miner killing teenagers.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

Yeah, i've seen reviews about it. I didn't remember it existed until i read your comment. Maybe I unconsciously got its visual design idea from there

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

He should be able to place blocks of stone to alter the map and limit survivor movement, but the survivors can break it by punching it enough times.

Also he should be able to sprint to increase his movement speed, but it drains a special hunger meter. He can refill the hunger meter by killing pigs that wander around the map and eating their pork chops.

If he jumps off of a high place, he can use his hang glider to traverse the map. He can also build a tower with his stone blocks so he can quickly make use of his hang glider.

He can also dig a hole in the ground and hide, so he can ambush unsuspecting survivors.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,555
    Options

The Trapper is literally a Miner.