Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Spirit's new directional audio is a bigger nerf than her original directional audio

Coffeecrashing
Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,693

Spirit's new directional audio is a bigger nerf than her original directional audio. It's crystal clear over terror radius music, bell noises, piano noises, and everything else. And zero sound occlusion, or anything else that might get in the way.

Please review the below video, from a year ago, to hear what her directional audio originally used to be. If Spirit's directional audio needs to be "fixed", it should match what it originally was, instead of double nerfing her by giving her an even worse directional audio than she originally had......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoxYLiP7iLE

At 1:06 the streamer stays in one place the entire time Spirit didn't have line of sight, and doesn't react until Spirit turns around the corner and is within line of sight again? I honestly can't hear the directional audio over the heartbeat noises and the bell noises, when Spirit didn't have line of sight.

At 1:35, the survivor goes around a wall, and I can't hear the directional audio for the last half of the wall. But we know Spirit was still phasing, because we see the husk a bit later, and Spirit is phasing up until the point where we hear the crystal noises and the husk starts disappearing.

At 1:55, where I hear phasing, then I can't hear directional audio starting at 1:57, and I still can't hear directional audio until 1:59 when we can see a crow fly away (which is in our line of sight). I can hear directional audio from my left ear at 2:01, but then the streamer breaks line of sight and I can't hear the directional audio around 2:02, and we know Spirit is still phasing because we hear the crystal noises at 2:03 that signals the end of her phasing.

I would be perfectly fine if BHVR made Spirit's directional audio just like those examples I just gave, where maybe the directional audio is in there somewhere when line of sight is broken, but it's absolutely not a super clear directional audio 100% of the time, that is clearly audible over the other game noises.

7 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• AtoTimber
    AtoTimber Member Posts: 84

its literally bugged right now where it sounds like she's always beside you lmfao

• ProudRinMain
    ProudRinMain Member Posts: 331
    edited March 2023

It’s been fixed ( to an unnecessary degree ) but without mentioning the fix in the patch notes for some reason with yesterday’s bugfix/hotfix. Go listen to it if you don’t believe it.