Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Directional Sound Completely Messed Up Xbox Series X

The_VIIth_1
The_VIIth_1 Member Posts: 11
edited March 2023 in Bug Reporting

Since downloading the 6.6.2 patch the other day, the game's audio is completely out of whack. I use the SteelSeries Arctis Nova Pro wireless headphones with Dolby Atmos using the Performance Mode's directional sound on an Xbox Series X. It always worked flawlessly before. Now, you can't tell where generator, fellow survivor, or killer sounds are coming from. It always sounds more like things are coming from the left even if the source of said sound is to the right. I even tried turning off the Performance Mode to use the other modes in the Dolby Access app but the results were the same. I believe it might have something to do with them changing the 3D screams. Please fix this.

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Thank you for the updated information. Closing this as confirmed not a bug.

Comments

• The_VIIth_1

I just wanted to follow up. I have discovered that if you set the headphones mode to Windows Sonic for Headphones in the Xbox Series X's system settings, the game's audio plays correctly. Previously, you could use Dolby Atmos without any issue. The 6.6.2 patch has screwed this up.

• The_VIIth_1

This issue has been resolved. It turns out it was not a fault on the games part. It was an Xbox issue that they have since corrected with a system update. It is strange, though, because it started after downloading 6.6.2 & I didn't have any issues with Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0's sound using Dolby Atmos. Now, if only the 4K flickering would get fixed in DBD. That has went on for far too long.

This discussion has been closed.