We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Hillbilly Changes seem to fix the wrong problem

mibbs
mibbs Member Posts: 17
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I dont really understand the hillbilly changes as presented in the latest midchapter update. I feel like they miss the point entirely as to why he has such a low playrate and such a reputation for being difficult. overheating can happen, and reduction to heat gains for feathering is nice, but the real problem with hillbilly is the incredibly precise environment collision box. It really doesn't feel fair that I bump into things below his knees or above the top of the chainsaw.

I don't want to see some kind of billy hugtech, the few tiles he can slide on is enough, but the punishment for not seeing roots jutting from a rock on eyrie, or missing the fact that the branches of a tree bend down in the midst of a chase is way too harsh.

Even if the environment collision box expanded over the first .75 seconds (the timeframe of increased turnspeed) to its current it would allow new and experience players alike to try to use his power without feeling like they genuinely need to memorize the collision properties of every tile on top of the mechanical precision required to saw properly, or worse that because of the map they have to give up on using their power outside of deadzones and just use his power for traversal.