We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Altruistic healing speed was never the problem, Medkits are.

Magnayen
Magnayen Member Posts: 3
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

My main complaint about the planned healing nerfs is that medkits will still be strong in conparison to the alternatives, while completely destroying SoloQ and making 3-gens a horrible nightmare to go against.

My opinion: Keep altruistic healing speed as is, and make medkits take DOUBLE the time by default. I thought this was the most obvious change they could've made, but somehow they always come up with the worst solution possible. When I read the patch notes for the first time, I somehow read the healing nerf as medkit related only, and I was like: "Nice, they're finally nerfing medkits!" But then someone pointed it out to me and I was almost having stroke.

Altruistic healing speed was never the problem, it's medkits that are too OP. Just imagine a 3 gen situation where you usually hit and run until all survivors are injured, the real progress for the killer begins when the survivors' medkits are empty, because they can't pressure the gens very well having to use 2 people just for healing. That's also what's making CoH so good when the killer has a 3 gen combo.

The issue I have with medkits in general is that instead of two survivors needed, you can heal yourself in the same time without consuming the time of someone else and then even faster with specific medkits and addons. That's just bustet. Healing yourself should always take longer than healing another survivor.