Better change for Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance

After reading the developer notes for the upcoming Skull Merchant mid-chapter update, I can't help but be alittle upset with the nerf to Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance, especially since it rewarded killers for getting hooks. I have a suggested change that will promote hooking different survivors, which is what the developers are going for, but still keep it strong and make it worth using.

Suggested change:

For each survivor the killer hooks for the first time on a scourge hook, the gen with the most progress will explode, losing 15% progress and will begin regressing.

For each survivor the killer hooks for the second time on a scourge hook, the gen with the most progress will explode, losing 12% progress and will begin regressing.

For each survivor the killer hooks for the third time on a scourge hook, the gen with the most progress will explode, losing 9% progress, and will begin regressing.

When a survivor is unhooked from a scourge hook, it will become a regular hook. At the same time, a random regular hook on the map will become a scourge hook. This process will be called "Scourge Swapping."

These changes will encourage killers to hook multiple survivors, which is what the developers are attempting to accomplish with their change to this perk, but still make it strong and worth running, since it can be used more than 4 times. The Scourge Swapping process will hopefully discourage killers from camping survivors on scourge hooks and forcing "trades" to get unearned regression.

Respectfully let me know what you think of my suggested changes to Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance! Also let me know what you would change about my idea or what you would change about the current perk! If you're thinking about completely slandering me, just remember that this is 100% better than what the developers are turning it into, but also weaker than it's current form. So whether you're a killer or survivor main, you really shouldn't be too upset by this.

Comments

• chicanobeandip
    chicanobeandip Member Posts: 6

Not a bad idea, but maybe do increments of 5%, rather than 3% because honestly that barely even sounds like a nerf