Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Account Merging not working

ShinZev
ShinZev Member Posts: 4
edited April 2023 in Bug Reporting

I'm just here to notify that the account merging feature is currently not working, I've tried to merge both my Egs and steam account and it keeps giving me "You need to connect to the game using this (steam/egs) account before performing this action".

I have tried troubleshooting the problem by making sure to have played a few matches in both accounts, spent bloodpoints, completing the tutorial in both accounts to make sure, making sure the game was closed before attempting, fresh installs and file verification, I've tried with different Browsers, icognito mode and mobile.

I contacted support via ticket and after a small attempt to fix it I just got told to wait until devs decide to fix the problem without any reassurance that its gonna happen anytime sooner.

I know i'm not the only one having this issue recently so here i am trying to make some noise so that the devs doesn't forget about us that are having this problem and don't have to wait a year for it to be resolved since its clearly not an issue at our end.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• SoulsGamer
    SoulsGamer Member Posts: 4

i had the same exact issue and i solved it so what i did was contacting bhvr and i got this response,

1. Launch Dead by Daylight on all platforms to make sure all accounts are using the same game version.
    2. Complete all tutorials in all related platforms, if there's any missing.
    3. Make sure all instances of the game are closed before trying merging.

it didnt solve the problem, but after that i played 2 killer games and 1 survivor game then I disabled beginner mode on the settings.

After that i tired the merge again and it worked for my Epic account.

• ShinZev
    ShinZev Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2023

I got the same response when I contacted support and nothing worked.

I don't know if your solution might work since my steam account already has multiple survivor and killer matches completed and beginner mode disable, I might try it on my EGS account.

Edit:

Seems like its working again, i literally tried after writing that reply in mobile to see if it worked and it did