Killers are leaving...

Options
13»

Comments

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

-"That sounds condescending all things considered over us not being clear with wording"

I didn't mean to be rude. I just think we can both agree that perks that went from 30 to 6% or lower usage is a very clear indication of "nuked". When they change a perk with the intention of making it a meta perk and then it gets 6% usage - that's an indication the perk sucks.

-"DH is stronger now than the old "DH for distance" because you get sprint burst distance on demand."

I still stand by this quote. DH now is better/stronger for the top 5% of players than the old DH was for most players.

DH in its current form lets you loop throw a pallet and then take a hit - letting you go to a new loop. If the terrain is great you can run 2-3 loops and waste all the pallets. When you're about to get hit you use DH. This last part is the key here because you get the endurance twice.

What if you only get endurance once per "down". In other words if you were hurt and used DH you could get the endurance - but if you were healthy you would only get the endurance the first time and get no speed boost from using DH (just the distance from killer recovery)

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,590
    Options

Multiple perks can be wasted. DH, SB, Pop, Blast mine, head on, heck even old PR as we've had your scenario happen before. As we've said before killers can chose (little but its there) when to try and apply that 25% and now we got to be smarter about it when playing killer.

Fair enough to your own thoughts on the healing but we still think the medkits needed changed and not overall healing.

We saw "Tunneling to prevent DH" more as "Tunneling to prevent this survivor from getting DH" as they needed to save others to activate it. This gave killers a reason to go for the unhooked as it was guaranteed they didnt have DH active (atleast for the first one). Currently going for the unhooker is the same thing instead of the unhooked.

In your scenario it wouldn't matter which survivor you went for at the start though we feel your correct that it would encourage tunneling later in the match. Either you hit the unhooked through bt and keep going (as an aside, we've had killers, ourself included, wait out basekit protection if they want a survivor bad enough) or go for the unhooker and no DH for them assuming its not someone already hooked. When your scenario happens.

If survivors are unhooking 5 meters from the killer, then they are either new, trolls, or desperate. Even in solos we often get people who know how to safely save.

We don't realy see it benefiting bubba though as he really cant be countered camping if the player has a brain. It buffs camping, but dont think it even maters to bubba.

• Rulebreaker
    Options

We would consider that people using "stronger" things. They're not as effective as before, thats a given, but they aren't really nerfed to the point of uselessness (some exceptions ofcourse like Ruin). People want to use the best for their wants, if the current best toy gets nerfed they move on. However, if thats your definition of "nuked" then very well.

We also believe the intention was they (the devs? higher ups?) wanted to not make it a meta perk anymore when changing it. They want it used less, which to be fair to them they usually get when they "nuke" things unfortunately.

Fair enough, to each their own.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

Oh my ######### god here we go again...

• Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 752
    Options

I found it a funny thing that devs, wanting all perks being used from time to time, instead of trying to balance perks so that all are moreless equal so every player use other perks depending on their playstyle, they shifts meta so that some perks are obliterated and unsuable and others are made the strongest so that everyone are using only those few meta perks.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 502
    Options

Yeah, once. Then you will need to spread hooks to get some perk value (while using 2 perks slots), or completly ignore your perk and go chase someone who is closer to death.

As i've said, if it was Limited usage or RNG, that would be fine. But limited uses + RNG is too stupid.

Pain Ress is not a strong regression perk like Call of Brine, which can get 90% gens to 0%. Its was used to give killers some time to apply regression perks (like CoB), apply deadman, get info (with Surveillance) or even try to get a hit in a survivor before it end the gens.

Now, if you use the perk you will need luck to find a 0 hooks survivor (which mid to late game, is not a good thing), luck to get a scourge hook near enough when u down the survivor, and luck enough to apply Pain Ress before they finish the gen. Anyway, the survivor on the hook will have 2min left to die; survs can coordinate to finish the gen and get the rescue anyway.

OR

You chase a survivor closer to death and get no value from your perk, even if you go to a scourge hook.

I don't see how this much of IFs can be better than old Pain Ress.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,258
    edited April 2023
    Options

So, PR is less dependant on RNG because instead of getting the effect guaranteed if you were lucky in the first dice roll at the start of the map you can throw the dice 3 times instead of getting the effect 2 times... no, yeah, sound logic to me!

If you proc the effect on a gen with 1% of progress, you are not getting "full benefit". Simple as that.

• Batusalen
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yeah, I'm sure it was "killers main" the ones review bombing the game since the PTB was announced.

And again, we all know that the council of streamers have the ultimate wisdom in their hands and can never be wrong...

Post edited by Batusalen on
  • Batusalen
    Options

Nice way of simply ignoring every single point I gave to you.

In my "scenario", what are you supposed to do if they just complete a gen when you are in front of the hook with the survivor? Drop it? Let it escape so they can progress the gens some more before hooking him for the first time so you can get the most benefit from PR? Because I don't know in what other way we could chose when to proc the perk if that happens. Not that you really have a choosing in when exactly you down and hook survivors anyway, but hey, I'm trying to stick to your logic here.

And why overall healing didn't needed a change? Because again, people don't stop repeating "altruistic healing should be lower than self healing with a medkit" and "altruistic healing wasn't the problem" but yet I don't see anybody giving a good and logical reason of why.

And what you said there doesn't change the fact that now your best option is to tunnel every single unhooked survivor to avoid him to get DH later in the game.

But yet again, you do you man. Whatever all of you say (BTW, who are we?).

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Who cares what killer main streamers say, most of them are getting fed a steady stream of complete babies from the matchmaking system. It's incredible that pc killer main streamers with 8,000 hours are getting matched with players that routinely run into walls while every time I load into a lobby as a console player i get multiple p100s, 4 mans, super sweaty teams

• Rulebreaker
    Options

Then don't overcomplicate each point. Its about a game, not life or death.

You can do whatever. If you want the most out of new pain res then we'd recommend slugging them or dropping them. So yes, you can drop them, you can use the token and hope there was a gen being worked on, you can spin around till they wiggle free, you can do whatever you want. You still have that choice, good or ill. If they removed the scourge hook requirement then competent killers would burn through their 4 tokens really fast and it would be wasted anyway. Currently killers can at least hold off burning them if they dont want to.

And why overall healing didn't needed a change? Because 2 people healing for most of a gens worth of time is ridiculous.

And if that survivor can run you the rest of the gens while you tunnel them does it still make it the best option? Tunneling them only avoids dh, not the rest of their skill (or map rng). If you only want to avoid dh then sure, best option.

[We is shared account of Rulebreaker]

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

I dont feel that way. Its still always the same:

100% on survivor in the daytime, 100% on killers in the evening/night here in Germany.

This hasnt changed a bit since it came out. Well, maybe tiny changes, but nothing too crazy.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,119
    Options

once again i will say that i find the scenario you described happens far less often than the scenario i described. i'm sorry you feel your experience is different

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Yeah this is beyond ridiculous, how can they match against literal babies consistently? I bet I'm playing a different game.