Halloween Jack-O-Lanterns

Options

Hi there! I didn't see if this idea had been posted before so if it has, my apologies.

BHVR has really stepped up their quality with the big events, like the Anniversary Masquerade, Winter, etc. Even Halloween has seen much more improvement with the rifts that opened up. The only mechanic that felt a little lackluster was kicking the pumpkins.

I wanted to propose that instead of some quick status effects that maybe something could be done to make kicking them more impactful.

For example: A treat could appear on the ground of the destroyed pumpkin, like the special flashlights, med kits, or a Piece of Candy that could be consumed to grant the survivor 5% haste for 5 seconds on use.

On the other hand, a trick would suddenly transport the pumpkin onto the survivor's head and inflict the oblivious status effect until it's broken; performing a rushed action or losing a health state would be a suggested way to remove it. Maybe another alternative could be even a jump scare with a loud noise notification.

I love this game and seeing it grow in both community and variety has been such a treat. That's just my 5 cents, I had to share it before I forgot. Thanks for your time and have a good one.