If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Self Care needs a buff

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Since COH got its self healing ability removed, please buff Self Care to at least 50%. Or at least give it some sort of secondary benefit. Make it a viable perk again.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• bunnyfengenthusiast
    bunnyfengenthusiast Member Posts: 471
    Options

I mean, Self Care is literally unchanged from how it is currently. And with COH being gone, it'll be just as strong as it is currently. You get a 40s self heal, which is less efficient than an altruistic heal, but you don't need anyone else. Sounds like a very strong perk to me.

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690
    Options

Or you could just run bond?

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited April 2023
    Options

So funny thing. I finally realized why Self Care got butchered during the 6.1 patch.

It's because the -15% gen stacking penalty exists.

Because of that, it was actually more overall efficient to heal yourself with Self Care then joining the gen as opposed to the other survivor healing you then both hopping on the gen. To the tune of saving 4.8 charges. Which is honestly a lot higher than you'd think.

So... Behavior slapped it with a -15% nerf.

Problem is that DbD math is weird. That nerf actually flip flopped it. So now if you compare those two situations, Self Care now loses those same 4.8 charges which makes it absolutely terrible.

What they should have done and should do asap is set SC to 41% because that happens to be the spot where SC then double up and Altruistic Heal then double is closest in efficiency. Less than 0.15 charges different.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,262
    Options

That would completely go against the changes to nerf self-healing though.

If everyone just changed from medkits and CoH to Self-Care then nothing really changes.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

I wonder if Self-Care + CoH would be a good combo next patch? I have no idea how fast you'd heal yourself when in the boon radius with dbd maths though. Honestly wonder if it might be really good, since CoH is going back to its original 100% healing speed? Could add Botany too if its still too slow... might be interesting.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

They removed the self-heal from Circle of Healing because the ability to heal yourself was too strong. So now you expect them to buff... Self-Care?

Someone didn't understand the assignment.

• m4x1m_000
    m4x1m_000 Member Posts: 103
    Options

They buffed Self-Care + Botany combo for 5% in last meta shakeup as I remember. And it’s fair that you need to run 2 perks if you want to heal yourself faster.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 563
    Options

I think it needs a rework. The game is shifting towards an altruism playstyle and the perks need to mimic that, especially self-care. Eventually other aspects will need to be changed so killers can't snowball as easily and make it easier on solo q

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,987
    Options

We get that, its just self care is super weak even pre-nerfs, now theres no reason to even look at it. We're not asking to make it the next CoH, just give it some use, even if it's in the form of earned charges you can heal with (for the 24 seconds of self healing, not the 16 of altruistic) rather than permanent self healing.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,408
    Options

The new CoH only increases altruistic heal speed so it doesn’t work with SC at all. I actually tried this on the PTB to make sure and self-caring in the boon provided no benefit.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

So we decided to think altruistic healings weren't a problem but self healing is, but somehow also want to buff self healing? quite interesting.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,642
    Options

With the new developer update the self healing penalty only applies to med kits, so Self-Care is back to what it was before the healing changes.

It’s fine where it is again.

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456
    edited April 2023
    Options

The self-care value ​​was tweaked in 6.1 to give the meta a shake-up at the time, as it was one of the most used perks (probably in SoloQ to cover the lack of coordination) even when it was agreed that the perk was meme set to 50%. So, to decrease the usage, the new value was decreased to 35% and increased botany efficiency for people use 2 perks together which before was equal to one bad

I don't mind nerfing botany to reverse the 6.1 buff to it, but self-care should never have gone beyond the minimum of >>45% which took 35s for a full heal (taking into account the 16 ticks for a full heal). At 35% it takes 45s, almost twice the base value of self-heal with med-kit, and I don't think the perk needs a token system just to go back to what it was before the nerf, which WAS BAD, not to mention that this value can even double with effects like mangled and hemorrhagic

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

On the next episode of dbd shall be nerf inner healing by killer mains, stay tuned for future constant nerf to survivors on dbd. Why dont we just remove survivors out of the game and turn the game into a killer vs killer battle royal.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Or you can let me heal you in 8 seconds with We'll Make It and not spend 30 seconds moving to a corner of the map to then heal yourself for 40 seconds.

• lifeisstrange
    Options

It really depends, if the killer is tunnely(usually mobility ones) they usually come back to the hook to down the person again, (which behavior will never address tunneling, cause no trash 10 second bt is of any help. I personally dont like healing under the hook whether its me needing the heal or someone else, its best to move sometimes, and finally your one of those nice ones and I appreciate you for wanting to heal.

However you got at least I say 90% selfish people in solo que who will unhook you and run off not giving you any heal or trash tunneling killers who come back to hook , cant blame anyone for running self care even if it takes ages, Ill even take a person using self care over the people with their annoying fixated(urban) sprint burst annoyance. Honestly I wish urban/self aware/sprint burst is what should be nerfed and this is a saying from a survivor main cause going from hook 1 to hook 2 is ANNOYING worst is when you did a great chase that would be a 1 to 2 gen pop and as your caught all you see are people walking around the entire map doing 0 things. Once I see that I just kill myself on hook

A person healing with self care may at least be able to take a hit for me or someone else who really need a hand lol. Healing is wierd for this game as one min you wish someone to heal you but then at times you rather just slam that gen that is almost done specially if its the last one . I guess to say this what made coh valuable and i HATE when people want me to heal them or me when circle is there sheesh.

• lifeisstrange
    Options

its funny really COH how complaint it was yet behavior targets self care cause it was meta, cause honestly when self care was 50% just like coh , its like why bother bring coh when you can just heal right then and there. Killers do not even look at how sometimes circle is a double edge sword. Some maps (swamps) has some very horrid and random totem spots while others like rpd always have set spots like them being mostly in any of the offices.

Imo the time it takes for someone to find a totem then bless it then heal themselves is the same amount of time old self care takes or even more if the killer is nearby and your trying not to be heard (rip iron will )or found while heading to the totem, may even waste more time than old self care.

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389
    Options

Buffing self care would pretty much make the CoH changes pointless (and possibly even a buff)

• lifeisstrange
    Options

Or you know what since bvhr wanna make us not heal how about revert back iron will changes back to what it originally was and I bet you at this point no one will care to even heal.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 714
    Options

I would be fine with a self care buff, as long as doesn't buff medkit and insane buff self healing in general. It can be as simple as giving it 24 charges or one heal, and it deactivates. And if you want to get more charges, it can involve Aultristic plays like protection hits or unhooking save hooks. You can earn up to 8 seconds or 1/3 per Aultristic actions, if you done three, you can reuse your self care again.