Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Disconnecting from host frequently

Zero_Metrom
Zero_Metrom Member Posts: 4

Platform: PC and Xbox

Me and my teammate who lives with me have been experiencing a lot of connection issues only with Dead by Daylight. The connection symbol appears yellow/red most of the game, while not experiencing any rubberbanding/in game lag. The game will just suddenly de-sync until it eventually disconnects. Out of curiousity, I have tested my connection during these de-syncs, only to realize my internet connection and ping is fine and is connecting to everything else (using cmd to google.com, opening speedtest.net in browser).

My partner also experiences this to the same exact degree; yellow/red connection symbol most of the game with no rubber-banding, until an eventual de-sync and disconnect. Sometimes only I will disconnect, and my partner will still be in game.

These issues have been occurring since the last update and have continued every day we play, even with every troubleshooting fix I've tried.

I have tried restarting my router, releasing/renewing my IP in cmd, allowing Dead by Daylight through Firewall, verifying game files, set my date & time to automatic, turning off every other device that uses wifi in the house, even restarting my PC and my partner's Xbox. Nothing seems to fix the issue.

If there is a way to port forward for this game I would be willing, although I'm not entirely sure it will fix the issue either.

I have provided some video evidence through a unlisted Youtube video link below that displays the connection symbol appearing for a long time until I disconnect from the game.

https://youtu.be/SGDaYC1WA4o

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Zero_Metrom
    Zero_Metrom Member Posts: 4

One thing I forgot to add was that me and my partner are both using a wireless connection as we are unable to use a wired connection to play.