If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How do you calculate heals with the new medkits + perks?

Options

Say I'm running a new medkit with Botany Knowledge. You won't be able to get a full heal, will you?

Can anyone explain the formula to figure out how many heals you get when adding perks like BK, Streetwise?

Comments

• SixShotOcelot
    SixShotOcelot Member Posts: 121
    Options

How can One calculate Heal speed. I am interested in calculating various combinations of perks and/or medkits to see the various "self healing" specific options and how long each takes. (for simplicity, you can leave out the medkit as I am most interested in how to calculate speed)

Ex: Self Care, Botany Knowledge, Better than New, Desperate Measures, Streetwise (+medkits of course), etc.

Combo Ex: Self-Care+Botany Knowledge; Self Care+Streetwise+Brown Medkit, etc.

Thank you very much for the information from the first answer provide, it's very insightful!

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    edited April 2023
    Options

Any action speed in DBD is calculated by the formula below (it looks complicated I promise it's easy):

Action speed = Total Charges / 1 * (1 + (positive modifiers + positive modifiers)) * (1 - (negative modifiers * negative modifiers))

Let's take healing. It needs 16 charges. At base, that's 16 / 1 * (1 + (0)) * (1 - (0)), or literally 16 / (1 * 1 * 1) = 16/1 = 16 seconds.

Healing yourself comes with a 33.3% speed decrease, meaning that then becomes 16 / 1 * (1 + (0)) * (1-0.33)

Again, this looks complex, but take it one step at a time and it's very simple.

16 / 1 * (1) * (0.67)) = 16 / 1*0.67 = 16/0.67 = 23.88s. In practice, it equals 24 seconds, but for the sake of my keyboard and thumbs I'm not writing out an infinite number of 3s.

So, what if you use Botany Knowledge to heal someone else?

16 / 1 * (1+(0.5)) * (1-(0)) = 16 / 1 * 1.5 * 1) 16 / 1.5 = 10.67 seconds.

Worth noting, as mentioned above, positive multipliers are applied additively, and negative multipliers are applied multiplicatively. Hence why in the initial formula, positive modifiers are added and negative modifiers are multiplied.

I wrote this mostly on my phone + had to rush to help my brother set up his xbox, so if you have any other questions just let me know and I'll explain as best I can.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

I'm gonna bookmark this. I was always interested in math

• SixShotOcelot
    Options

Question: Should there be parenthesis for everything that is not the # of charges?

For your examples, what if we combine them? Is the correct equation the following?

16/(1*(1+0.5)*(1-0.33)) = 15.92

Thus, Botany Knowledge + Self Care = standard heal?

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

Yes, as far as I'm aware that's correct (and it lines up with a game I had earlier where a green medkit + botany knowledge healed me at normal speed until the medkit ran out lol)

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,132
    Options

Self care add a negative modifier that brings you down to a speed of 0.35c/s which is independent of the medkit speeds

16 / (1.5 * 0.35) = ~30.5s

• GoodBoyKaru
    Options

I believe they were referring to using a medkit, which now has a 33% speed decrease when healing yourself, since that's what I was using in my initial example.

• SixShotOcelot
    Options

I was not referring to medkits in that example. Simply Self Care + Botany.

So someone's math is still off, as GoodBoyKaru's 1st example of only self care was a 24sec heal and LeFennecFox's example of Self Care + Botany is a 30sec heal which makes no sense since only self care should be slower than self care + botany.

Thank you both again for helping me try to understand the match behind heals/heal perks/medkits/etc.

• GoodBoyKaru
    edited April 2023
    Options

I was not using Self-Care in the example, I was using a Medkit to heal yourself. That comes with 33% speed decrease, as opposed to Self-Care which heals at 30% speed (a 70% speed decrease). Both sets of maths are correct

• SixShotOcelot
    Options

Ahhhh, my apologies for my misunderstanding. Perfect, thanks again!

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 108
    Options

Thanks for the maths !

I was always curious about how the penalties work, if it was additive or multiplicative.

Once, I was playing killer on Midwich and used Sloppy butcher and Coulrophobia and I spotted a Claudette selfcaring in my TR.

I was dying to know how long her heal was gonna take and now I know ! Damn, this girl stood no chance.

If I am correct, with all those penalties, her heal would have last 65 secs.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

My head hurts.

• Jackal7879
    Jackal7879 Member Posts: 121
    Options

Why does Botany Knowledge still give the 20% decrease wasn’t that that for the old Medkits and Boon:Circle of Healing no longer works with Medkits so maybe the the downside to Botany Knowledge is a little overkill