Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New pallet mechanic to add more depth to outplay potential on dropped pallets

zarr
zarr Member Posts: 924

I've often wondered why interactions such as kicking a generator or mori'ing a survivor are cancellable, whereas kicking a pallet is not.

Kicking a pallet is a two-step process. My idea is this: Give the killer the option to cancel the pallet kicking interaction after the first step. If a survivor vaults such a pallet in the future, it will automatically break after they've vaulted it. It would also break with just one step in the next kicking interaction.

This way killers would be able to fake kicking a pallet, cancelling the animation prematurely and potentially catching the survivor out. Likewise it would make dropped pallets more dangerous to play for survivors. Whenever a survivor is looping a killer and finally drops the pallet, the survivor will now have to consider: staying closer to the pallet risking that the killer actually goes through with the animation and breaks the pallet, the survivor then not having made much distance; running away from the pallet risking that the killer does not go through with the animation and can catch up to them more quickly; stay at the pallet risking that the killer kicks the pallet once and it breaking on the survivor's next vault. It would also give the killer the possibility to counteract flashlight blinds on pallet breaks, cancelling the animation. This makes it more risky to blind at pallets, and more demanding as the survivor will have to force the killer to commit to the full kicking animation to reliably get a blind off.

This is however merely something I've thought about - with the recent removal of the pallet vacuum and reduction of the pallet stun range, killers might not need another boost on pallet play.

Comments

• MrDrakanator
    MrDrakanator Member Posts: 47
    This is ######### genius, every part about this is amazing, this allows for mind games during a chase which is what makes chases on the rare occasion they are fun and not loop festivals, I personally can't see this causing any major issues and I would love to see this tested on a PTB. The idea is unique, I've never heard anything like it and I LOVE it.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I like the part where you can cancel the pallet breaking, for the sake of mindgame.
    Not sure about the breakable pallet in case of vaulting suggestion tho.