Get rid of the DC penalty OR depip system!

Options
PowZapBamWoofMeow
PowZapBamWoofMeow Member Posts: 195
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Behaviour, I love your game. It’s a frustrating hot mess a lot of times. This is NOT a well balanced nor well oiled machine.

It’s time to step up and either get rid of your DC penalty system, OR the depip system.

Im an adult who is tired of getting into games for fun and to try to pip up, playing the game as best as I can, but your game has all kinds of issues from other players not playing and memeing, to being slugged by killer and unable to get anything done.

And I depip over this #########? The f is that?

If you are going to keep the DC penalty system, fine. But get the rid of depipping.

I get into these awful unfun games as a solo player, and I just when I pip up , I get into match after match sometimes where the game goes to shitc and I depip and all my hard work is down the drain.

Goddam please for the love of all that is holy get rid of the depip at least.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    Options

The only change I would do is making the dc penalty longer. You dont play the game against bots you know. If one dc happends the Round is over by that point. You are tiered of waiting for the penalty. Think of all your teamnates, that needed to play an other 10 Minutes after your dc, but in these 10 Minutes they never rlly had a chance. I think the penalty should last as long the dced round goes on and than ad the penalty after the ending of the match.

• Rasdengarth
    Rasdengarth Member Posts: 4
    Options

Agreed about getting rid of the depip since it´s not really a competitive system like...League of Legends for example, but the d/c penalty imo should only be removed on Tuesdays around the time Steam goes through weekly maintenance which d/c players at random, give it a 1-2 hours window.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

Agreed! If anything, make it harder to pip up ....but for the love of everything holy, stop making us depip!! If we earned it, we should get to keep it.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    edited April 2023
    Options

The first time I got to Iri 2 on survivor, I did it in a week.

The next 2 I spent trying to get to Iri 1. It felt like for every good game were I got a pip, there were 3 horrible games where something outside of my control happened like getting tunneled, facecamped or having teammates disconnecting left and right.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Get rid of depipping for sure. No need for it. DC penalty needs to stay though, the amount of ragequits is insane whenever dc penalty is turned off.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

DC Penalty needs to stay, but Depipping needs to go. For survivors so much is out of your control + you kinda compete against you teammates to do certain things (getting into chases/getting saves), so games where killers camps or tunnel, you are punished for no reason. Even at higher grades, if someone is getting camped/tunneled, then you just need to do gens, but that punishes you with a depip/safety pip, because the killer didn't let you do anything else.