Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why not give Legion 4.5 MS?

My biggest issue with Legion is definitely how slow they are, I like playing them and I love the idea of them. But it’s hard catching up to survivors, when they are slow and stunned. 

If 4.5 MS was ever implemented, it would help close the gap easier while not making him as fast as other killers. 

It’s a weird suggestion, but it could work. 

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

He'd be stupidly overpowered. Nobody would even use the power for anything other then travelling or getting 1 hit on everyone. If they were even just a little bit faster, they'd be able to close the gap after using frenzy and taking the stun.

• Poweas

So it's just a tiny bit of speed but it can make a huge difference.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Because being a 115% base move speed Killer would make Legion have even less counterplay and be even more unfun to play against?

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Because its a number change and the only killer successful from just a number change was hag. Either than that only thing that truly fixes a killer is quality of life changes. After 4 years realize these number changes only lead to one thing tug o war games. You fix his perks integration survivors can complain he is op but can't complain on changing numbers back. They could say unfix his perk integration but that just makes them look silly for saying break legion. Numbers can only work on a build that only needs speed and with his power that is supposed to be the speed. If you add speed on the side just mutes his ability even more. 
    Please be more creative with suggestions cause number changes just break the meta. If we get a speed buff then a month later will get a speed nerf. Just repeating over and over again, this is why freddy has been broken forever cause numbers go back and forth.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Poweas said:
    He'd be stupidly overpowered. Nobody would even use the power for anything other then travelling or getting 1 hit on everyone. If they were even just a little bit faster, they'd be able to close the gap after using frenzy and taking the stun.

I ask you one thing.

Do you believe that legion with 115% would be stronger than nurse? I doubt that personally

• TheDarkWall
    TheDarkWall Member Posts: 132

I do believe if they just gave him 115% he'd be good but not broken. Mainly because the majority of the slower killers like hag or nurse are meant to use their abilities to get close to you. The problem is that the cooldown of his ability forces him into a situation where he can get close but the down is impossible without re-initiating a chase after they get far away again. Therefore the gap closing ends up being superficial for the most part and forces him into a playstyle that takes too long to come into fruition. Sure, occasionally you may find a situation where you can bounce off people and really slow things down to rationalize this horrid issue, but the situation is not common enough. Not to mention due to the weak duration of frenzy, if not exceedingly close people can just run away and you won't be able to close the gap before it wears off. This is why he's a bad killer. To give him normal speed would help make it so he's not as reliant on the power but can still find use for it.

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

I ask you one thing.

Do you believe that legion with 115% would be stronger than nurse? I doubt that personally

I never said he would. But if he had 115% ms then he'd outshine Hag, Billy and Spirit.

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163

Because being a 115% base move speed Killer would make Legion have even less counterplay and be even more unfun to play against?

Did I ever say 115% base MS? Because last time I checked, 4.5 doesn’t equal 115%.
  • BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    Legion with 115% movement speed would be fine. It would make his power somewhat useful and you’d be able to apply a bit more pressure. 
  • Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

That killer is already broken. Giving him more speed would make things even worse.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@MegChicken said:
    GodDamn_Angela said:

Did I ever say 115% base MS? Because last time I checked, 4.5 doesn’t equal 115%.

Most people here assumed you were saying 115% MS since no one is thinking you would suggest making them have their own MS tier of 112.5%. I assumed you meant 4.6 m/s when I made my post since that is a normal speed in this game. That's my bad though, sorry.

Still feel that'd be too much but not as bad as 4.6 m/s obviously.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

I ask you one thing.

I never said he would. But if he had 115% ms then he'd outshine Hag, Billy and Spirit.

Then I dont see a problem with this

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

I ask you one thing.

No he wouldn't. Billy still has an instadown which allows him to snowball better, spirit can easily outplay survivours better faster and with more stealthy approach and legion would not have the defense hag has that makes her strong. He might be able to compete but he wont be able to top them as speed at downing will require first eating a stun and giving the survivour a mini sprint and second his last hit would have to be done playing pallet mindgames which nearly every mid tier killer struggles with.

Using his power to catch up wont be that great on a lot of tiles and even if this change made him strong he would be no different then wraith who last i checked was low mid tier. 
  • Poweas

@Zarathos said:
    Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

I ask you one thing.

No he wouldn't. Billy still has an instadown which allows him to snowball better, spirit can easily outplay survivours better faster and with more stealthy approach and legion would not have the defense hag has that makes her strong. He might be able to compete but he wont be able to top them as speed at downing will require first eating a stun and giving the survivour a mini sprint and second his last hit would have to be done playing pallet mindgames which nearly every mid tier killer struggles with.

Using his power to catch up wont be that great on a lot of tiles and even if this change made him strong he would be no different then wraith who last i checked was low mid tier. 

Ok fair point except the one on Wraith. He's upper mid tier if you want to know why then ask me and I'll state his advantages over most the mid tier killers.

• Poweas

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

@Master said:

@Poweas said:

I ask you one thing.

Then I dont see a problem with this

I do. He has no counterplay

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    edited December 2018

Sis 4.6 is 115%, 4.5 is 112 or 113%

Oops, we already had this discussion 
  • rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2018
    Legion is broken.
    Post edited by rafajsp on
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Oh boy, now survbois consider Legion OP and broken? What a laugh...

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

The difference between Legion and the other slow moving killers is that their abilities either wound the survivor or put the survivor into dying. Legion only puts them into deep wound UNLESS strict circumstances apply.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

@MegChicken said:
    My biggest issue with Legion is definitely how slow they are, I like playing them and I love the idea of them. But it’s hard catching up to survivors, when they are slow and stunned. 

If 4.5 MS was ever implemented, it would help close the gap easier while not making him as fast as other killers. 

then you dont know how to play him its super easy to get a kill on legion also you need a good build since i have thanatophobia, ruin, remember me,BBQ those are good with him im rank 1 killer and legion main and i can get 4k easy with addons

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Tru3Lemon said:

@MegChicken said:

then you dont know how to play him its super easy to get a kill on legion also you need a good build since i have thanatophobia, ruin, remember me,BBQ those are good with him im rank 1 killer and legion main and i can get 4k easy with addons

Unless you're running purple addons he's trash. Also, Thanata is trash as well, it's a placebo effect if you think it's actually helping you a lot. Having to chase someone as a Huntress with no hatchets for the down is never going to be viable unless you're playing against potatoes.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

@Blueberry said:

@Tru3Lemon said:

@MegChicken said:

Unless you're running purple addons he's trash. Also, Thanata is trash as well, it's a placebo effect if you think it's actually helping you a lot. Having to chase someone as a Huntress with no hatchets for the down is never going to be viable unless you're playing against potatoes.

well rank 1 and i have thanata and guess what i get 3k and sometimes 4k

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Tru3Lemon said:

@Blueberry said:

@Tru3Lemon said:

@MegChicken said:

well rank 1 and i have thanata and guess what i get 3k and sometimes 4k

Anecdotal doesn't mean much

• Demoth
    Demoth Member Posts: 49

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Yeah, but at what rank? It's stupidly easy to crush Legion below rank 7. He needs to use Purple Addons to even be remotely usable when the survivors aren't chewing on their keyboards.