Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC (Steam) - Duplicate name causes character to change in match

Kukwee
Kukwee Member Posts: 5

My friend and I were matching silly names and we noticed that our characters kept changing to whoever the other person was using. For example, if I were playing David and they were playing Dwight it'd be like a 50/50 whether I would become default Dwight or they would become default David. The perks items and offerings are all perfectly intact, even the charms.

In this game I readied up playing David but loaded in playing Kate when I don't even own Kate. You can see from the HUD that it still displays David. It doesn't seem map or perk dependent, we've had it happen no matter who we play or which map it places us on. It happens fairly frequently, every other game or so.

Both of us are playing through Steam. To replicate just set a name that matches the name of someone else in your party.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated