Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Missing alternative method for Skull Merchant Drone hacking

Attckcat
Attckcat Member Posts: 59
edited April 2023 in Bug Reporting

Due to the commonality of 'hacking' with other topics, i can't reasonably find any duplicates of this topic.

My controller has drift, and therefore the skull merchant drone hacking minigame is impossible for me. Also I am too slow to do the 2-3 second timer or whatever it is. This basically makes any late game skull merchant games impossible for me as I can't hack drones guarding generators.

Please add an alternate method for slow people/people with bad controllers.

Side Note: I've played DbD with bad controllers for years. Most of the time it doesn't affect gameplay noticeably. However directional minigames are a no-go.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• RichardCarter
    RichardCarter Member Posts: 82

Use the D-Pad to perform the mini game. Make sure the stick is not drifting when you perform the hack.

• Attckcat
    Attckcat Member Posts: 59
    edited April 2023

So WHILE the sensor is spinning, you expect me to run over to it, perfectly center the controller, then switch to the dpad?

Yeah, not happening, it's not like I have plenty of time to just do whatever.

Like I said, I still cant do the 2 second hack timer anyway, much less do a bunch of extra crap.

Even if I could still disarm the drone, get trapped AND be exposed, that would still be better than instantly failing, activating the drone, and setting off killer instinct while exposed while STILL being no benefit to the team, except maybe taking aggro.

So as I said before, basically my only course is to just not do gens, let people die, and try for the hatch.

I hate having to play for hatch and giving the killer a free win. Please give me an alternative.