Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Self care broken

Zeakile
Zeakile Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 11
edited April 2023 in Bug Reporting

I played a few matches today and noticed quite a few glitches that were problematic.

Firstly with boon: circle of healing. I couldn’t use the boon at all. Even standing next to the totem gave me self care only. Thought it was a glitch related to the one match so I continued on. Sadly, the problem persisted. Not only that… my niece reported the boon was actually broken after I tried to heal with it! She couldn’t use it all, as if it weren’t there and I noticed my other teammates run to it and stare while injured as if they are wondering, too, what was going on. So logically I tried not healing with boons but my niece set one up upstairs in the saloon to heal herself and I ran through to unhook someone. This apparently broke the boon and she couldn’t heal. This problem almost killed our entire team!

Secondly, I noticed no difference while using a medkit with self care. Either that or the effect was so minuscule that I did not notice a difference.

I’ll have to play without self care until the problem is fixed. This is something I NEVER do but I cannot risk breaking other people’s perks.

Post edited by JocelynAwakens on
1 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 432

Circle of Healing was changed in the most recent patch, it cannot be used to heal yourself anymore. To compensate for that the speed at which you heal others within boon range has increased to 100% and you can see the auras of injured survivors while they are in boon range. So nothing bugged or glitched out, this is intentional.

The perk Self-Care does not affect your medkit healing speed or efficiency, which explains why you did not notice any difference. Please note that in the same patch, self healing was nerfed and using a medkit on yourself decreases its efficiency.

I can recommend to read the latest patch notes so you're up to speed on all the recent changes.

• Zeakile
    Zeakile Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2023

RIP COH

So basically circle of healing is useless. It takes more time to find a totem, bless it than it is worth. You also have to run to the other side of the map to heal teammates that will hopefully stay there. Oh, and the killer can snuff it.

Waste of a perk slot if you ask me.

COH was often the thing that saved idiotic teammates on solo. Gonna be real miserable to play now.

Good to know. Let me just uninstall my game real quick.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,636

Please check the Patch Notes from the 6.7.0 Midchapter for relevant changes, as Circle of Healing has been updated:

Boon: Circle of Healing Any Survivors within the Boon Totem’s range gain a 50%/75%/100% healing speed bonus to healing others. Med-Kits do not stack with Boon: CoH. Injured Survivors have their Auras revealed to all other Survivors when inside the Boon Totem’s range.

This discussion has been closed.