If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Perk idea: corrupt intervention like perk for totems

Options

How do people feel about the idea of something similar to corrupt intervention as a perk but specifically for totems?

Maybe a chunk of time at the start that totems can't be interacted with. An additional condition could be that the corrupt intervention on totems be immediately ended.

So all of this would be a seperate perk from corrupt intervention. I think it would give killers a little better usage out of totems without it being overbearing and gives some light coutnerplay to boons (although not needed honestly).

Comments

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 431
    Options

Yes. I love this idea. Some real protection for your totems early game so you can get some value out of them. It could have the same deactivation as corrupt. Turns off on down. It wouldnt effect the more powerful hexs such as devour but at least you would get value out of blood favor or crowd control in minimum your first chase.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,206
    Options

That would be so not worth it.

Why take this and not simply undying?

• Wilx
    Wilx Member Posts: 99
    Options

Nah, I don't think it's the best idea. A hex is high risk high reward. Undying is the closest you're gonna get.

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 303
    Options

I would make it basekit (for hex totems)

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 431
    Options

Or take both with devour. It would make a devour build more viable for more defense. You know how many times I've started a match to lose devour and undying in under a minute?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

As others have pointed out, I think this treads on the toes of Undying a little bit too much- however, the idea of guarding hexes against being instantly cleansed isn't a terrible one, and I have a different pitch for how to achieve that.

What if a hex totem only lit up a dull when it actually affects something? Devour when it gets a token, Blood Favour when it blocks a pallet, Ruin when it regresses a generator (lol), and so on. Give the trap totems (or really just Haunted, the other two have other effects) a unique activation, and you're good to go.

That way you'd avoid survivors immediately finding and breaking your hexes, but would still allow survivors to go out of their way and cleanse dulls just in case the killer has hex perks.