Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Pinhead Possible Bug

Welldressedmuppet
Welldressedmuppet Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Bug Reporting

Howdy everyone,

I believe there is a bug currently w/ Pinhead. I have reported so we shall see, but I figured I'd share here.

Steps

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as Pinhead in a match custom/public

Step 3 : In-game, pick up the box as pinhead and force a chain hunt

Step 4 : Notice that the chain hunt does not pause once a survivor picks up the box and begins to solve, but rather the chain hunt continues for everyone even during the solving process.

Additional information

• Pinhead
  • Franklins, Hoarder, Random Perk, Random perk. We also ran the green/Yellow addon that increased the time for survivors to solve the cube.
  • Any
  • Any game that you run Hoarder (we believe this is a bugged perk with Franklins, hoarder, and the pin head box/chain hunt mechanic

Normal gameplay - When pin head solves the cube and starts a chain hunt(normally from a franklins hit that drops it from the survivor) without using hoarder. During the chain hunt everything is normal however once a survivor picks up the cube and begins to solve it, the chain hunt stops almost entirely which should be how the game already works. It makes since that the chain hunt should stop once the box is picked up/started to be solved as it forces pin head to teleport to the individual solving it. My friends and I were unsure if this was related to the pinhead being in chase or not.

Bugged gameplay - When Pinhead using hoarder, and the above events occur. During the solving of the box, the chain hunt does not stop. Instead it fires in a pattern of 3 chains giving a brief moment to solve, however we are unsure if this is intended as it seems as if within that gap of chains firing you are able to solve the box (possibly).

The bottom line is that if you run hoarder you make the chain hunt harder for the survivors. Pairing that with the already oppressive nature of a pin head who engaged a chain hunt, and his ability to use the guided chain ranged attack to clear that distance once he finds the person attempting to solve it makes everything harder overall.

If anyone is interested in checking this bug out please do so! we found that the bots are not a good source to test this as they tend to solve and stop repeatedly. It would be best to test this bug in a custom game w/ friends to confirm my bug suspicions. However, if people can show there isn't a difference and this is just a part of the Pinhead gameplay...then we are just bad :P

Thanks!

• WellDressedMuppet
1 votes

Pending · Last Updated