The game is now a real camping/tunneling fest

Options

Crazy how 9 games out of 10 is against a camper/tunneler, the last patch has definitely changed the yway the killers are playing.

It is unbearable.

Comments

• robrob909
    robrob909 Member Posts: 63
    Options

I don't disagree tho solo survivor is pointless playing with people who don't know how to play. I'm not sure what they can do cause as killer good teams know how to unhook vs a camp versus solo just getting grabbed or taking a fast down then trying to heal wasting too much time.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

Small note on my part: Sometimes I thank the killer for playing fair (due to the number of camps and tunneling I see) and survivors sometimes do the gg and add "killer, you too". It feels nice to a certain degree but the compliment stems from the aforementioned issues. It's just crazy nowadays and you literally don't know what will happen in the endgame chat.

• robrob909
    Options

Thats just how it goes in this game there's a gap it seems between under 1k hours and multiple thousands of hours. Not really had one match in the last 20-30 that was less hours or even similar. It's just too easy to jump into max mmr territory really bad system

• blmpride5
    blmpride5 Member Posts: 39
    Options

So when you play killer you lose and when you play survivor you lose. Definitely a dev problem...

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 7,959
    Options

I definitely agree that there's not enough space in MMR between the top skill brackets and the middle skill brackets. I think it's pretty common knowledge that players are being pulled into matches they shouldn't be pulled into with alarming frequency. And I get that the devs fear queue times, but at a certain point the convenience of fast queues becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy that does exactly what they're trying to avoid: stunts the growth of the game.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,280
    Options

I play both sides. Tunnelling has increased massively in my games since the patch. I can't blame them as in the games I play killer, if I deliberately refuse to tunnel, I get rinsed by the survivors. Tunnelling one out is the top top strat for killers.

DC's happening a lot, so are afk's.

• blmpride5
    blmpride5 Member Posts: 39
    Options

I 4k most of my games as killer and escape about 50% of time as a solo q survivor. So yeah I'm definitely the problem lol

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,018
    edited May 2023
    Options

This is a big part of the reason why I quit back in December '20.

I liked playing friendly but getting so much crap for it, when one would think that it would be an appreciated breath of fresh air for the survivor amongst the anecdotal endless camping and tunneling, has really taken the satisfaction and fun out of playing like that.

But instead of falling down to the unloved playtstyle i did the other thing and increased their queue times by a miniscule amount by quitting this game for good.

Post edited by burt0r on
  • Wilx
    Wilx Member Posts: 99
    Options

Actually, when I play SWF I'm winning most games and when I play killer, I'm winning more than I'm losing. My problem is solo queue, it's terrible.

I will say that not having good gen regression perks is bad for killers who can't speedily get from one side of the map to the other though.

But you're not interested in constructive conversation are you? So you just keep being an arse, as long as it makes you feel good. 🙂. Have a great day.

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690
    Options

The problem is players don't want to use anti-tunnel perks to counter tunneling. Do you think tunneling into OTR is really the best way to win? I don't see tunneling being an issue when I run sprint burst and off the record and it certainly isn't the easiest and most effective strat when running that combo.

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405
    Options

so an extra 15 seconds in a match with the perks youve described is supposed to make it all better? if a killer wants you, those perks mean absolutely nothing. in particular otr, one hit and you dont even get the full timer.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

i relate to this sadly, but as killer i still don't resort to such strategies since they aren't fun for me either. as a survivor, when i recognize a fair play by the killer, i make sure they don't regret it. if you pay close attention, when you very obviously TRY to play nice and survivors still bm you, it's either them being brand new and absolutely clueless about what's going on, or some scumbag with ill-intentions and it's most of the time the former.

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690
    Options

If a killer proxy camps and lets the survivor farm me off hook then sure they can make the combo weaker. However, if the survivors have any clue on how to play the game then they will body block when they realize the killer wants to hard tunnel me out, and since my perks result in the killer not trying for the grab/injure they are now able to take 2 hits.

I find it interesting how people complain about tunneling and I'm over here wanting the killer to tunnel into my OTR because it results in more survivors escaping.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 359
    Options

Did you have noticed, that the killer meta got nuked and the survivors just lost one perk

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

Of course. Also the whole other changes which affected both sites.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 530
    Options

This is where I am at. I just try to play for fun and don't care about winning or losing. The vast majority of the playerbase is not the same.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

The game the way it is is the players fault like 100%

I forget his name my Japanese friend said on the final fantasy 11 forums around 2009 and it's true here. People were complaining about samurai vs ranger cause ranger Is also burst damage. Well the guy on the forum said

I payed to play the game the developers invisioned not a game influenced by the players who can't agree on anything. But the person who poured their heart into it. Players lean toward the side they love. They don't mean too but they do we need someone who doesn't care if either side feels fair and make the game that is as Invisioned

• NoHookDC
    NoHookDC Member Posts: 234
    Options

In before Survivors claim that your sarcastic example is nowhere near the same. 😁

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options
  • Sylhiri
    Sylhiri Member Posts: 178
    Options

Wasn't there a thread recently where the standard response was "if you body block, I will tunnel you"?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,028
    Options

But the problem is that usually is not the case. Killers often tunnel the player with less than 100 hours "weak link". Which I think is not healthy. Neither is those 3-4K survivors effient gen rushing which killer can do nothing.

• miniwengsel
    Options

No its not only the killers. In my killer matches now gens get done so quickly its not even funny anymore. I go in my matches with the intention not to tunnel and after the match I think I should have. Survivors bring the stronges bullshit you could thing of and every round they throw a map offering. After 10 matches on the worst maps for killers I throw an offering got on my map and the surves dc. Nice how playing killer means you need to play agiunst everything you get, but for survivor it means just do what ever the ######### you want and if it doesnt work dc wait a minute and bring another BNP.

• robrob909
    Options

What group of 3k 4k hour survivors are playing with a 100 hour survivor? Not every group is a swf but most are obvious and all have similar hour. I don't believe this point it's simply not true

• robrob909
    Options

Don't tunnel the first person and survivors will now use base BT to body block. It happens so frequently

• robrob909
    Options

I wish the game would balance more for maps but at this point I don't see it every happening. Lots of maps are unbalanced as well with perks. Weaker killers should have increased odds on individually favored maps. There should be some limit on perks vs killers or stronger perks incentives go play weaker killers. We all know what killers are weaker I don't see how that's not possible to some small scale.

• Deathstroke
    Options

I didn't say it was problem killing that weak link problem is when you don't let them play the game I feel always very bad if I tunnel bad player out but I rarely do that. Often if I tunnel someone it's the strongest link or at least someone decent so that's fine for me. Yes im quilty letting baby survivors escape too but usually by hatch so that should not boost their mmr.

• Deathstroke
    Options

Most people don't have 3-4K hours in the game. My point is killers tunnel even when they play agains't babies so tunneling in many cases got nothing to do with survivors being too good. Many play soloQ so that scenario is even very likely and killers can check people profiles who they play agains't to identifyi the "weak link" by seeing who has the least hours.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,038
    Options

Survivors just got their strongest healing perk nuked, their best exhaustion perk hard restricted to 2 uses while keeping all its previous restrictions and their strongest item heavy nerfed with all its addons tone down.

• miniwengsel
    edited May 2023
    Options

What i see in my killer games right now is a genrush the same perks as befor. DH now isnt a 87% chance as befor on the survivor now my games the perk appers at a 34% pickrate. Oh right SB got an increase of 56% so DH got imigietly replayced COH is still very strong if you play it you would see it. I played a game where I camped at the end of the round and the survivors that tried to unhook are all 3 healed at 16 seconds (I count) three heals in 16 seconds means the perk got nuked right. I guess for it to become good again the numbers should be trippled right so it be 3 heals in 4 seconds. Seams far I guess. And the medikit nerf as I killer I dont even notes, brecause Medkits are still the best Items and the Medkit pickrate at my rounds is still at 43%.

If we now look at the Killer perks that got nerfed the only one that decreased only a little bit in uses was PR with now a 30% pickrate, but CoB and Overcharge went both from about 67% to 19%.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

Agreed. They usually try to tunnel me out ASAP, and when they can't, they do it to someone else.

Before it was bad but now it's worse. Often times I end up turning the game off because of it.

• Cataclysimz
    Cataclysimz Member Posts: 23
    Options

It's almost as if BHVR really ######### need to address this