Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PS5 Random Desync/Rubber Banding

Vorahk08
Vorahk08 Member Posts: 266
edited May 2023 in Bug Reporting

Steps:

This doesn't seem to consistently happen due to a particular sequence of events or one action, it just seems to happen randomly during the match. the game will freeze for a moment, then I will be pushed back to a previous location, and the red connection icons will show up on the HUD. It has happened both in and outside of chase. It does seem to happen most commonly during chase, however. This has happened multiple times as killer, and once as survivor. Most commonly, as killer, I will be chasing a survivor, then suddenly be walking into a wall I passed a few seconds ago. As survivor, I was in chase, vaulted a window, then was teleported back to the window, which is where the killer was. I have tested my internet connection, and the PS5 shows it is stable. I have, however, tried uninstalling and re-downloading the game. This did not change the issue at all.

Additional Information:

Characters Played:

• The Trapper
  • The Hag
  • The Mastermind
  • The Knight
  • Leon Kennedy

Maps:

• Badham Preschool
  • Mother's Dwelling
  • Father Campbell's Chapel
  • RPD