The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PC/Laptop - Can't Pick-up Teammate + Glitching on Hook

Nark
Nark Member Posts: 14

I join a lobby on my laptop as Ada Wong with no cosmetics, charms only. My perks are Deja Vu, Kindred, Urban Evasion, and Guardian all in the purple/very rare tier with no offering. My lobby included another Ada Wong in the Secret Agent sweater cosmetic, a base Sheva Alomar, and a Rebecca Chambers with the bloody prestige cosmetic. The map was the swamp (unsure which variation) with Myers/The Shape as killer.

Bug One:

I went to pick-up the Sheva who had been downed, she was prone and fully mended according to the bar on the left as well as the indicator when I stood on top of her. I didn't have an option to heal/pick-up nor did the Rebecca when she came to do the same. We stood there moving around trying to see what the issue was for a minute before I got chased and downed. Sheva never got picked up and it appeared she couldn't/wouldn't crawl either as she never moved (no indication she disconnected either). When I got hooked shortly after I watched Myers struggle to pick her up to hook her and he seemed to have no prompt to hook when he found one so he put her back down on the ground.

I've never experienced this bug before.

Bug Two:

When Rebecca came to get me off hook I was in my second state already and had done 3 skill-checks with success. I failed one shortly before she came to get me and I had a glitch where she kept taking me off the hook, at least I think that's what was happening. My screen would flash like I was just reaching second state again and spin the camera repeatedly and the audio of Ada screaming/gasping and putting her hands up to stop the Entity would play. It repeated this over and over in rapid succession for about 20 seconds until I died on hook. I couldn't do skill-checks during this time, there was no indicator for them, and I couldn't be rescued either. I'm unsure if Rebecca was even still there trying as I couldn't control my camera anymore. I ended up dying on hook with the normal animations playing and went to the menu post-game as usual.

This weird unhooking glitch has happened to me before, I'm unsure if it's Ada since I main her or if other users are having this weirdness, too. I had it happen with the same base Ada Wong with the perk Balanced Landing subbed in for Guardian on one of the RCPD maps with a Nurse as killer as well as a Wesker on the Auto-Wreckers map pre-changes (before the additional tile). I think I also had it happen with a Trapper on The Game but I won't swear to it. All different characters for rescue but it only happened after they tried to unhook me. They weren't interrupted by the killer either, it seemed to start just as they started picking me up and would continue until I'd died on hook.

I have no log of this since I didn't know about this forum right after the game, this was about an hour ago now and I'd played a match since, however, I found a video on youtube from a year ago of basically the same glitch I've been experiencing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2erD7pzdcWs

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated