We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What is a Horror Game from the 2010s Era would you like to see? Part 1

Options
D34D_B34TB0X
D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 361
edited May 2023 in Polls

This is from that one era of gaming where some of us kids would stay up late at night and watch youtubers play horror games, and them getting jumpscared, and we'd get scared with them. We'd laugh with them, we'd cry with them; all that galore, you know, that nostalgic stuff, the "Pewdiepie" days. And we'd also be watching those SFM animations. Or at least that's what I did as a kid, some of gamers these days probably played it before they ever saw someone else's reaction, gutsy move on their part, but anyway... This is for nostalgia reasons. (Yes, I'm a loser.)

Wanna see a Part 2? Click here: What kind of game from the 2010s Era would you like to see? Part 2 — BHVR

Here we have:

#1 FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S

#2 SLENDER

#3 SCP

#4 MORE Left 4 Dead content

#5 Telltale's: The Walking Dead

#6 BIOSHOCK

#7 AMNESIA

#8 OUTLAST

#9 UNTIL DAWN

#10 ALIEN: Isolation

If there are some games didn't include (TLOS, TEW, Dead Space, Dying Light etc.) or some games I missed, feel free to express comment on it, share your thoughts. I might make a part 2 to this. Cause, you know, NOSTALGIA.

Edit: In the Amnesia poll, I meant 'The Dark Descent', not "Darkness Descent." Pardon if I triggered anyone... xD

What is a Horror Game from the 2010s Era would you like to see? Part 1 27 votes

Five Nights At Freddy's - A game that I would've been too chicken to play, but I took the pleasure of seeing other people play. Definitely an S Tier franchise for me. The simplicity and all that.
18%
HorrorLover74tenoresaxBothSidesEnjoyerOrangeBear09SHARKBOSS 5 votes
Slender: The Arrival - I was into Slender for a while, and for SOME REASON, for a while it was at some point where I actually thought the fictional character was real. I'd also listen to the Slender Man song. It also got me into Creepy Pasta for a while. Good times.
18%
MrPenguinDhurl421Kirarozuyungminxqnyun 5 votes
SCP: Containment Breach - Or whatever game they can work with that's SCP. Twas a very popular game in this Era. You had the Statue, the Plage Doctor, the Old Man, the Shy Guy and that big lizard thing and beyond that.
7%
Dustinwxsussy 2 votes
MORE Left 4 Dead content - More Survivors, or maybe some Legendary Sets, a potential Killer, possible map etc. And some more cosplay cosmetics as Nick, Coach and Louis for OG Survivors, if possible. Vittorio could cosplay Bill. Played this with my mom, by the way.
3%
LooeDbD 1 vote
Telltale's: The Walking Dead game - Similar to The Last of Us, but a different story. I used to replay this game hundreds of times. VERY nostalgic. Also, Kenny's probably my favorite side character next to Clementine. And you know why I chose Carly over Doug. (Story plot...)
0%
BIOSHOCK - Specifically, the first and second Bioshock. I DO KNOW that a lot of people find the Big Daddy Bouncer iconic. He'd probably make a good base Killer outfit. I started the first one, but never finished. So far, I kinda like the powers you get in this. And I'd be going the wholesome rout of saving every Little Sister. Make you feel more like a hero.
11%
ChordycepsFridayNightPizzaGrunbar 3 votes
AMNESIA - Specifically, 'Darkness Descent'. I think THAT game might be when Pewdiepie really blew up.
0%
OUTLAST - Specifically, the first one. Unless you'd rather want to see characters from Outlast 2, then no biggy. THIS I'd watch other people play. Ain't NO WAY I'd play this as a kid.
7%
OnryosTapeRentalsF60_31 2 votes
UNTIL DAWN - Similar to The Walking Dead Game, but without the license and it ain't owned by Telltale, my best way to describe it despite not playing it is that it's something between Friday The 13th, Evil Dead and Pumpkinhead, you know, cause of the Wendigos and stuff.
7%
JustAShadowIWasLeft2Die 2 votes
Alien: Isolation - If they EVER add Alien, they'd NEED to add Amanda Ripley as a Legendary Set for her mother, the main heroine Ellen Ripley. It'd feel wrong not to...
25%
MooksUndershotSmoejaymiechanBrandon48CBT137Veroles 7 votes
Post edited by D34D_B34TB0X on

Comments

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
    Five Nights At Freddy's - A game that I would've been too chicken to play, but I took the pleasure of seeing other people play. Definitely an S Tier franchise for me. The simplicity and all that.

all of it really they are all great and fun games with good replayability

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options
    UNTIL DAWN - Similar to The Walking Dead Game, but without the license and it ain't owned by Telltale, my best way to describe it despite not playing it is that it's something between Friday The 13th, Evil Dead and Pumpkinhead, you know, cause of the Wendigos and stuff.

Until Dawn would be so legit and there are several great choices for survivors too

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

FNAF is my most wanted for sure. I think it would be a great fit and it would be really exciting.

I played all the games and i think FNAF 3 would be the best game to base the chapter on. I find that the art style of that game fits dbd quite well.

Springtrap should be the killer for sure since he is literally a murderer and he has one of the most popular designs.

Survivor is not necessary but they could do something interesting with Michael Afton if they wanted i guess or maybe even Charlie Emily from the book trilogy.

Location could be any from the first original trilogy i think.

There's also a lot of cosmetic potential that they could do for other characters. I think legion with the original crew masks would be cool to represent the bullies from fnaf 4.

Molten freddy as dredge would also be really amazing...

So yeah fnaf in dbd really excites me for sure 😁

• jaymiechan
    jaymiechan Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Alien: Isolation - If they EVER add Alien, they'd NEED to add Amanda Ripley as a Legendary Set for her mother, the main heroine Ellen Ripley. It'd feel wrong not to...

voted Alien isolation because lore has the Entity's realm being outside time and space, and we really need more sci-fi killers. Skull Merchant doesn't count. Hell, could do Event Horizon and that'd be killer.

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163
    Options
    MORE Left 4 Dead content - More Survivors, or maybe some Legendary Sets, a potential Killer, possible map etc. And some more cosplay cosmetics as Nick, Coach and Louis for OG Survivors, if possible. Vittorio could cosplay Bill. Played this with my mom, by the way.

need atleast the other survivors as legendarys for bill

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 238
    Options
    Slender: The Arrival - I was into Slender for a while, and for SOME REASON, for a while it was at some point where I actually thought the fictional character was real. I'd also listen to the Slender Man song. It also got me into Creepy Pasta for a while. Good times.

If FNAF enters dbd I’ll uninstall for good.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

you are a genius

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,465
    edited May 2023
    Options
    1. I quite frankly don't care about fnaf.
    2. I mean slenderman is alright but i've lost alot of interest in him in recent years, A proxy skin for legion would be cool though.
    3. Will never happen due to the type of license SCP falls under.
    4. Not sure how willing bhvr would be to give more of the same type of cosmetics as first time around to more dbd Survivors to make them look like the remaining l4d Survivors for free, however things like a Special Infected killer or any legendary skins won't happen because A. BHVR doesn't do free chapters anymore & B. BHVR aren't allowed to sell any IP content that's valve related, same reason why bill is free and why his rift outfit is only available with shards.
    5. Better this than the Walking Dead TV show or comics.
    6. The only killer i'll accept for a Bioshock chapter is if it's a Big Sister instead of a Big Daddy.
    7. I'd prefer Rebirth to be the pick for an Amnesia chapter, i find The Dark Descent to be a bit too overrated at this point.
    8. Outlast 1 is fine but Marta from Outlast 2 would fit way better as a killer imo.
    9. Could never really get behind the hype people had for this game.
    10. Any alien crossover in dbd works for me
  • IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

I do think the partnership with the makers of until dawn does seem to indicate until dawn will get added in.

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    OUTLAST - Specifically, the first one. Unless you'd rather want to see characters from Outlast 2, then no biggy. THIS I'd watch other people play. Ain't NO WAY I'd play this as a kid.

Eddie Gluskin would be so amazing as a killer.