Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Match disconnection penalty. How long?

Options

This is what happened.

Wednesday - Played 1st match got dced. Penalty like 1min I guess.

2nd match successful.

3rd match dced. I forgot how long penalty is. I waited and played again

4th match dced. I wondered what the problem is. Connection to other games are ok but not to DBD.

I verify game and wait for penalty, played again to check if it is ok.

5th match dced. Still not ok got penalty 30mins decided to stop.

Thursday - Played 1st match and 2nd match is ok no dc.

3rd match got dced. Penalty 1hr. Check connection but it is fine, game verified. Waited and played.

4th match dced. Penalty 6hrs. Ok something is wrong gonna check tmr.

Friday- Decided to reinstall DBD and verify because other online games are working fine no lags or

disconnection issue, only DBD got problems. Went online.

Played like 6-8games no disconnection, no issues. Got happy it is fixed. Went off.

Saturday - Did not play, busy.

Sunday - Played 1st match got dced, penalty is 1hr. Wth? Waited for penalty.

2nd and 3rd match is ok no dc.

4th match dced again. That "disconnection to host" or some thing again. Penalty 6hrs. Wow.

Do penalties reset? Like if I don't play for 24hrs it will reset and go back to a 1min on the first dc? I've been playing DBD for just 3mos and all is well and ok no disconnection my ping is fine. But that WEDNESDAY, omg. :c I just wanted someone to explain pls help. English is not my 1st language, hope you understand. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 495
    Answer ✓
    Options

your penalty increases every time you dc. and every day it decreases on one step so its like that "45 sec -- 5 min -- 15 min", and if you are on the 15 min penalty and 24 passes you will get 5 min penalty. I think its like that.

Answers

• DavidHypnos
    DavidHypnos Member Posts: 730
    Options

I wish there was a feature that could differentiate between an accidental d/c (ie bad connection) and a purposeful one (ie salty player.) I also wish they’d give at least a small bonus for matches that never start (I get this all the time; before the game even loads in it’s the end screen with a message saying someone d/c before the match started.)