Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What yields more rift fragments? Playing as killer or as survivor?

PyramidHACK
PyramidHACK Member Posts: 41

I'm asking, 'cause playign as survivor takes more effort than playing killer. As killer I sometimes end games way too quickly and I'm pretty sure I've been playing against bots in public matches recently.

Best Answer

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

These two pages explains it fairly well but it's basically based on your XP per match if you don't take the challenges into account (and any xp events):

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Rift_Fragments

Since it's capped at 10 minutes (So you'll get 600xp max per match) and based on emblem quality as well, killer would be the most consistent xp per match, as you're mostly in control of how long the match lasts on average and you're always the last one in the trial PLUS it's much easier to get an Iri emblem than it is for survivors (imo). As survivor you could get tunnelled/camped early on and die.

Things to note however: As the wiki states, you get a 300xp bonus for your first match per side per day, so I'd argue it's most lucrative to do AT LEAST 1 survivor and 1 killer match per day as that'll get you 600xp flat out which is a rift fragment in itself not including the match xp and then play killer for the rest of your matches if you want the most consistent xp from that point onwards.

One final note though: If one side's queues are particularly long that is one thing to also take into consideration. For example, if it takes 5 minutes to queue into a killer match compared to 20 seconds for survivor at that point in time, it's going to be more lucrative to get the more frequent matches from a pure XP stand point even if survivor in theory earns less since you have more active match time.

Answers

• PyramidHACK
    PyramidHACK Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2023

Thank you very much about the tip on doing 1 survivor & killer match per day. I woulnd't have thought of that. I'm just trying to at least get to level 70 and get all auric cells.

This will turn into a different post, but I'm kinda growing a little off about DBD's battle passes. The skins are kinda lackluster, for what it is, imo, and a whole 10 more levels of re-colors is not appealing to me. It's nice to have gotten free auric cells from the Prime Rewards, though. That's for sure.