Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Shack pallet is failing to stun Killers during survivor pickup

Quietus
Quietus Member Posts: 27

Noticed on PC/Steam and a streamer's setup (also PC I believe)

Shack pallet failing stuns

I've noticed this whilst playing on a few maps as killer. Garden of Joy being the most recent.

Killer picking up a dying survivor that is lying in the shack pallet drop space.

During the animation one of their teammates drops the pallet to stun the killer and drop the survivor.

Killer finishes animation unaffected and seems pushed to one side by the pallet.

I'm aware latency can occasionally cause this affect depending on precise positions, but it's happened 3 times to me in the last week (playing as different killers each time) when I'm certain my positioning shouldn't have dodged it, and I've just witnessed a streamer being picked up by a Billy. He got sandwiched by two survivors in that moment, was dead centre for the pallet drop, and got pushed aside by it with the streamer on his shoulder. Different maps, different killers, the only common link has been it being the shack pallet each time.

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,741

"During the animation one of their teammates drops the pallet"

You cannot stun the killer during the pick-up animation, you have to wait until they have regained control of their character and then do it. It's intended.

• l_Castelli_l
    l_Castelli_l Member Posts: 27

Kinda surprising 90% of the "bugs" posted here are just people who are completely unaware as of how the game mechanics work.

So much clutter.

• Cyn0_0
    Cyn0_0 Member Posts: 84

To be fair there are a ton of mechanics to this game that are not outright explained and not always intuitive. I cant really blame OP on this one. To me the 'intuitive' interaction would be the stun is effective throughout the animation.

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 277

You have to wait for the killers pickup animation to end before you drop a pallet to do a pallet save, do it too early and it'll push them to the side without the stun.