Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Early game needs a change, devs, please take this into consideration ♥️

One of my biggest complaints when playing killer are:

1. Maps (thankfully they're slowly getting looked into)

2. Spawn locations

Because of the RNG of spawn locations you can load into a small map and go straight ahead where everyone spawned and pressure all 4 survivors or you can load in the middle of Azarov's resting place where all 4 survivors spawn separately and by the time you finish one chase, 2 or 3 generators get done just because you got unlucky with spawns. Also, when you load into a big map as a low mobility killer, if you check an area where survivors didn't spawn, they can get one generator done before you even find anyone. This is purely down to luck, unless you run 1 or 2 early game perks that help you with that. People will probably say something along the lines of "just run Corrupt Intervention and/or Lethal Pursuer". But the same logic could've been applied to survivors over a year ago, "if you don't want the killer to runnel, run Borrowed Time, if you don't want to get face camped, run Deliverance or run Kinship", yet survivors got both Borrowed Time and Deliverance partially basekit. The reason Borrowed Time was so popular is because it felt necessary to bring, same as today why Corrupt Intervention is one of (if not, THE) most popular killer perk. It's so good because it allows the survivors to not get a headstart on the killer, because if you don't run that perk, 2-3 survivors can spawn on different generators with toolboxes and brand new parts and do 50% of 2 generators each before the killer can even find anyone. I recently had an instance where I posted on Reddit a match of Ghostface on Grim Pantry, I spawned at shack, 2 survivors spawned in the main building and 2 spawned to my right, I got a survivor marked as soon as I came to main, got a down in less than 20 seconds because the survivor played clumsy, and just as I got a hook, a generator got done, which I couldn't do anything about just because they spawned separately. It's really devastating as killer to see that. That's already 1/5 of their objective done when I just got my first hook. In my opinion, this is unfair and spawn locations need to be looked at and changed. Alongside that, I think Corrupt Intervention needs to be partially basekit like Borrowed Time and Deliverance got, that will help mostly low mobility killers that need it the most. My suggestion, have it active for X amount of seconds until you find a first chase or hit. The perk remains the same so it doesn't feel necessary to bring, but a nice thing to have.

Before anyone calls me an inexperienced and entitled killer main, I have 3000 hours in this game and most of them are on survivor, but I'm pretty experienced as killer too.

Please let me know your thoughts.

(Also, nerf off the record and bring back Decisive Strike to a 5 second stun, please).

Comments

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,271

Spawn locations do need addressing.

I don't want to turn this into some whataboutism thing but it's hard to argue for sth like basekit Lethal without keeping in mind that survs can spawn in the killer's terror radius.

As for Corrupt; I think it's problemati in so far as it is too passive and thus powerful if left at times rather close to the perk - or meaningless if times are shortened to the point where it isn't massive, absolutely free pressure during hte most crucial phase of the match. (And I'd wager that "just stall Corrupt" is probably gonna be the way to go, which just delays the actual match start and adds unnecessary time. There are chests, there are challenges. People can spend the time scouting the map to identify pallet locations etc pp.)

Lethal is, imo, a much better choice to kickstart a match and have it at a higher pace off the bat. But not with auras - but with killer instinct. a) This doesn't remove distortion players from the equation b) it gives the killer a good indicator without more or less guaranteeing a free surprise hit; it strikes the right balance between the killer finding a survivor in a timely manner and the match essentially starting with the surv closest to the killer getting hit by default.

--- Granted, if survs spawned far enough away from the killer by default the free hit might be more of non-issue.

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249

I would like to see this along with hex reworks

• Hexan
    Hexan Member Posts: 71

this is to the spawn, I think for totem that need fix. As for killer and finding surveiwer I think the problem there is, we have 2 perks that help you there, but you need 2 differnt chapter for them and new players who need those 2 most. might not get those chapters, so it is more a new players are trouble kind of deal.

and yes DS need too go back up to 5 sec, I player mostly killer and this perk I never see it and would love too see it more

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

I just can't stand this argument of 1 gen vs 1 hook being 1/5th vs 1/12th of objectives. It's so damn flawed.

1, pallets don't respawn

2, items and perks on survivor will generally not recharge

3, killer needs 4 kills which is most of the time less then 12 hooks, survivors can still 0 escape even if 4 are alive once last gen pops

4, generators don't respawn - effectively shrinking all maps very noticeably

5, also 3genning needs to be adressed (liked to point 4)

Overall what does it matter that 2 gens pop in first chase if survivors then can't finish a single gen until they all die? First gen is absolutely NOT the same value as last gen. Not even close. Not by time spent on it, not by hook states exchanged to get there and not by (average) chase length of killer.

If you so much want to make start of the match easier for killer, you would need to at the same time address those 5 points above. Otherwise we are talking about very unfair change (like bring back old mori, but keep current hatch and no loop infinites - level of unfair).

• MSX_exe
    MSX_exe Member Posts: 50

Don't you find it stupid that depending on RNG you can lose 3 gens in 1 chase or none? Because I do

• MSX_exe
    MSX_exe Member Posts: 50

I absolutely encourage side objectives like chests, totems and stupid archives, but then again, items were nerfed heavily, totems don't need to be done unless a hex is in the play, I'm all for like shortening the times for side objectives like dull totems or chests, halving them even, would help a lot and encourage people to not just rush gens

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,271

I'm with you on having more than just slamming gens be meaningful in some way. - But I think basekit Corruption would miss the point; sure, survs would do more chests and totems and what not. - But basekit Corrupt would be there with the intention of getting the killer off to a better start. Though, if everyone just cleanses a totem or opens a chest that doesn't get the killer off to a better start.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265
    edited May 2023

it would be so easy to fix spawns too. Just use the code for that one survivor offering.

Post edited by Steakdabait on
  • AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,670

Not if you consider gens a resource like pallets are for survivors.

Survivors' first chase might use zero pallets, or might use 8. Those resources buy time early but make the game riskier later on.

Gens being completed means the patrol area of the map gradually shrinks, making the contested area easier for the killer. As both types of resources are consumed, the killer benefits into the mid/late game.

This is apparently controversial, but gens are not the killers objective. Just like pallets aren't the objective of the survivors. Sure, you might be able to extend that resource and buy time in the process, but the goal of the game isn't to escape with every pallet left standing. Why would you expect to kill every survivor with no gens complete?

• buffcoyote
    buffcoyote Member Posts: 120

Nerf Off The Record?

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439