Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Flashlight advice

Options

so the newest tome page has a challenge to get a flashlight save, and I am absolutely garbage at pulling this off. I see other survivors just run up to the killer and get the saves right away, no struggling to adjust their angle or anything, and I just don't get how they make it look so easy. I know the add-ons have a bunch of different settings like brightness, beam width, accuracy, which of these should I focus on? (do any of them even help with someone who can't figure out flashlight saving in the first place? cos it seems like people who get the saves effortlessly can just do it with a yellow flashlight with no add-ons)

Answers

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 585
    edited May 2023
    Options

I've yet to try this myself, but I believe you can get that challenge completed by blinding the killer as they're in the animation of hooking a survivor - which should make this much much easier for you if you just want that challenge done alone.

As for flashlight save advice - it's honestly more about practice than add-ons to be honest with you. Add-ons aren't likely to help you out with getting the timing/aim down, it's just about practice by aiming at their face and knowing when to start the blind during the 'right' part of their pickup animation.

This gif may help you out with the timing - credit to Schinsly on twitter for this:

• Brandon48
    Brandon48 Member Posts: 136
    Options

I suck at flashlight saves too haha but slowly getting better with practice. If it’s a blind challenge I’ll usually go with Blast Mine as it’s much easier to pull off.