Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC: Knight guards not regressing generators?

goka9696
goka9696 Member Posts: 5

Played Knight in custom games against bots and his guards don't seem to regress generators anymore. One generator on autohaven was almost done so I sent a guard to kick it, it did and generator started sparking but all 4 pistons were still moving very fast (lights were off so gen was clearly not done). I also couldn't kick it manually. I came back after a few minutes and it still wasn't regressing even though sparks were flying, so no bots touched it. A few more minutes later some bot touched it and after I kicked it manually it finally started regressing. I tried knight a few more times afterwards and in all games his guards wouldn't regress gens. They still destroy pallets, walls and hit survivors as normal.

On a sidenote, do gens guards hit keep regressing, or do they get a flat -5% progress and then nothing happens until survivors touch the gen again?

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• theTARNavsky
    theTARNavsky Member Posts: 152

It should regress after the kick. However note that the standard regression rate (which is applied in this instance as well) is 0.25 charge per minute, so for an "almost full" gen, let's say 89 charges (out of 90) it would take 356 seconds (almost 6 minutes) to fully regress. 1/4 of that time would have to pass for the 4th piston to stop moving (as it starts moving at 75%).

Don't know if that's the case here, but I'm just saying, the dry kicks are not that powerful.

• goka9696
    goka9696 Member Posts: 5

At least 3 minutes, maybe even 4, passed after my guard kicked the generator and it was moving at exactly the same rate as before. Only after a bot activated it again and I kicked it manually did it start regressing properly. Surely in 3 minutes at least a single piston would stop moving? Unless, again, I'm just misunderstanding how Knight's ability works and it turns out that guards only apply a flat -5% reduction instead of reduction+regression, which if true makes me wonder why anyone would use them over the knight's own kick.