Instead of complaining, let's talk about SWF

Options

How you want to nerf it ?

My idea was to make gens repairing and opening the door a bit slower for every party member. More you are on a single premade, more times you'll need to make this actions.

I heard sometimes "delete SWF pls, so op" but I think it's not a solution.

What do you think ?

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

The only way to balance SWF is to give the solo players more ways to communicate to each other. SWF is a problem because of the ability to use voice-chat will dramatically make the killer games harder.

So give Solo players more ways to communicate with each other, whether that's with emotes, text or voice chat, then make the balance decision from there. Until then its impossible to balance SWF without it having a negative impact on solo players.

• OxyReap
    OxyReap Member Posts: 90
    Options

Agree with you too, can be a solution.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    The only way to balance SWF is to give the solo players more ways to communicate to each other. SWF is a problem because of the ability to use voice-chat will dramatically make the killer games harder.

So give Solo players more ways to communicate with each other, whether that's with emotes, text or voice chat, then make the balance decision from there. Until then its impossible to balance SWF without it having a negative impact on solo players.

With the stipulation that solo players be allowed to disable the voice chat and in game text. I dont want to think of the abuse solo players would get by try hard SWF groups. The voice chat would be absolute cancer and the solo queue should be able to opt out of it if they so desire.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@Mc_Harty said:

With the stipulation that solo players be allowed to disable the voice chat and in game text. I dont want to think of the abuse solo players would get by try hard SWF groups. The voice chat would be absolute cancer and the solo queue should be able to opt out of it if they so desire.

I would say “well there’s always a mute button” but knowing this game...

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Mc_Harty said:

Knowing this game there will likely not be a mute button and playing as Solo queue in a high rank SWF lobby would lead to abuse and treatment worse than what the killers get in the post game chat.

• Jack11803
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Mc_Harty said:

Knowing this game there will likely not be a mute button and playing as Solo queue in a high rank SWF lobby would lead to abuse and treatment worse than what the killers get in the post game chat.

Voice comma on solo would fix many problems of balance. Like you said, mute button would be needed, should also tell a player if they are muted so they don’t talk to a wall. Any further abuse; ban

• SadonicShadow
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Mc_Harty said:

Voice comma on solo would fix many problems of balance. Like you said, mute button would be needed, should also tell a player if they are muted so they don’t talk to a wall. Any further abuse; ban

Agreed. So long as a mute button exists and it clearly states on the UI pre- trial and during the trial that this person has opted out of voice chat/text then i am all for voice comms.

• OxyReap
    OxyReap Member Posts: 90
    Options

I don't know if it can solve all the problems but why not after all

• Tameki
    Tameki Member Posts: 14
    Options

I think walking killer, especially when they're transporting a body (they're agitated and angry), should push/knock peole aside. I'm so sick of 3 survivors ganging up around the hook and completely blocking the ablitity to hook their friend.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Tameki said:
    I think walking killer, especially when they're transporting a body (they're agitated and angry), should push/knock peole aside. I'm so sick of 3 survivors ganging up around the hook and completely blocking the ablitity to hook their friend.

This is about SWF balance, not that what you said is wrong, but I don’t want a completely unrelated topic then what OP intended to begin

• Brummbär
    Brummbär Member Posts: 3
    Options

They could give the killer for each swf member a %-bonus to his emblem-progress. Like for each 4 swf member result in a 20% bonus (example.) That way killers would reach easier their desired possible pip and swf could continue having fun. (Keep in mind that there're also non-toxic and fair swf parties)

• Jack11803
    Options

@Brummbär said:
    They could give the killer for each swf member a %-bonus to his emblem-progress. Like for each 4 swf member result in a 20% bonus (example.) That way killers would reach easier their desired possible pip and swf could continue having fun. (Keep in mind that there're also non-toxic and fair swf parties)

1) people don’t want to pip a lot of times. As it makes you deal with more bull crap. 2) even if they did, most want fun gameplay that’s fair, not a stomp out featuring pity points

• Tameki
    Tameki Member Posts: 14
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Tameki said:

This is about SWF balance, not that what you said is wrong, but I don’t want a completely unrelated topic then what OP intended to begin

Oh yeah, you're right but I feel like that always happens when I try to do my rituals and face swfs :angry: