If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can we remove the second stage mini game please?

Options
RoastedGarlic
RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
edited May 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

This constant need to hit the space bar is lame and boring. It adds nothing to the game play at all and removing the mini game will also stop hook suicides and make the game more enjoyable over all.

The bp gain is so negligible there are times where I feel like I rather go next then slap the spacebar to stay in a game, but I don't like to give up.

please bhvr can you just let me dangle in peace until I die or someone saves me?

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,557
    Options

Skill checks is a chance to alert the Killer.

I don't think we can remove it.

• RoastedGarlic
    Options

You dont get alerts if someone fails a skill check while on the hook. Only way you know is if your face camping. So yeah we can get rid of it. It serves no actual purpose. The only people failing skill checks are new players and people wanting out of the game.

• Ithiria
    Ithiria Member Posts: 236
    Options

Given that you instantly die when you fail two, I think hook suicides is intended and unlikely to go.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

There are times when hook suiciding is the smart thing to do.

If there's only one person left and there's still generators to do, you're probably better off not endangering the other survivor more than you need to, because chances are only one of you is getting out at best.

• RoastedGarlic
    Options

most of the time if you're in that situation killers will have left you slugged.

Wouldn't it be better to just have a button to let go than to constantly make the player who wants to stay in the game push it over and over? It isn't like this mini game kills anyone who has more than 20 hours of game time, so why keep this relic?

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

*Don't attempt 2, you can fail more as long as you hit the check too early. That could be solved by making it a press and hold to hook suicide.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    edited May 2023
    Options

I agree. If we want to let people tactically suicide to let another survivor get hatch or something, add a button that you have to hold for 5 seconds or so that lets you do that instead.

It's not "engaging" or "fun" to have to sit and click skillchecks for 1 minute. It's far more chill to be first stage cause you don't have to press some stupid button for no reason. Hell, why not let us spectate our teammates while on hook? That would honestly be a great change. And would bridge the gap a bit between solo and SWF too.

But I highly doubt this will get changed, probably ever.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

No on spectating teammates. People accuse me of stupid things when they can't see what I'm doing already, I don't need more of that.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Which doesn't makes sense, throwing the game early on is certainly not a sportsmanlike act and would be against the rules, both DC and afk is ultimately a bannable offense.

It just doesn't makes sense when they intend it to exists, that's literally a double standard.